Sponsored by:

Identification of a Holley 4 barrel double pumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:32 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Default Identification of a Holley 4 barrel double pumper

I'm trying to identify my Holley carb but the numbers don't jive. The number on the air horn is List 6853 1007 and model number is 6R-4237B but I can't find anything on line with those numbers. A couple places referred to it as being the same as model number 4165 but still don't give the size in CFM. This carb doesn't have a choke either. Anyone familiar with this carburetor ?
Old 10-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Robert Thomas
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...guys-here.html
Old 10-30-2014, 12:24 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Robert Thomas
Thanks for your response , lots of good information there. Looks like the information that I found is correct and this is actually a model 4165. Now all I need to find out is the CFM and why this model does not have any choke. Would like to install an automatic choke but don't even see pre tapped holes to install one. If there are any carb experts on here , please chime in.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Mpls Funk
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Based on this:
https://ac17cb7e3cc3506f0d23-7386afb...al_listing.pdf

I would guess it's a 650 CFM unit.

Worst case - email the Holley Tech Support people...it usually takes 1-2 days to get a response, but they do respond and you will get the straight scoop. I have also called their line...was on hold for quite a while, but the guy that finally answered was very helpful.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:47 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Default Divorced choke

Originally Posted by bj1k
Thanks for your response , lots of good information there. Looks like the information that I found is correct and this is actually a model 4165. Now all I need to find out is the CFM and why this model does not have any choke. Would like to install an automatic choke but don't even see pre tapped holes to install one. If there are any carb experts on here , please chime in.
Not too clear what you mean by no choke, do you mean the choke blade is not there? Otherwise this is a 650 CFM divorced choke carburetor, the coil is on the intake manifold and a rod goes from the coil to the choke linkage on the carburetor.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MelWff
Not too clear what you mean by no choke, do you mean the choke blade is not there? Otherwise this is a 650 CFM divorced choke carburetor, the coil is on the intake manifold and a rod goes from the coil to the choke linkage on the carburetor.
It looks like it is made for a separate heat coil which goes on the intake manifold but not sure what setup to order that will work with my aftermarket Edelbrock aluminum intake.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:02 AM
PeteZO6
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

As stated above the Holley tech folks should have the answers you need. Whether you go with a heat stove on the manifold, or an electric choke.

Electrics are very popular because they are so easy to install and set up. They don't use a heat coil anymore, but a solid state module that supposedly draws less current than the old style. There are two types of Holley electric chokes, Holley tech can tell you which one you need when you supply the List number.

Pete
Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PeteZO6
As stated above the Holley tech folks should have the answers you need. Whether you go with a heat stove on the manifold, or an electric choke.

Electrics are very popular because they are so easy to install and set up. They don't use a heat coil anymore, but a solid state module that supposedly draws less current than the old style. There are two types of Holley electric chokes, Holley tech can tell you which one you need when you supply the List number.

Pete
I talked to the Summit tech last night and ordered the right choke setup. Thanks to everyone.

Get notified of new replies

To Identification of a Holley 4 barrel double pumper

Quick Reply: Identification of a Holley 4 barrel double pumper