Sponsored by:

How did you find your vette?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:32 PM
wolfrano02
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by htown81vette
Both my '81 and '82 vettes found me instead of me finding them! They must like me.
Lol lucky guy !
Old 11-21-2014, 06:07 PM
wolfrano02
Instructor

I always wanted to buy me a C3 but for some reason i never did it i bought so many diferent cars but never a C3 even though since i was kid i always was atracted to C3's and i wanted one.
i live in California and sept 2004 i was looking at the recycler news paper for a car ...any project to buy and i saw an add, selling a 74 vette stick shift with t-tops.i went to look at the car and inside it was complete but the rear and front bumpers they had a crack not a major cracks but were cracks other than that the car was complete ,rally rims and all chromes in good shape the car was running,the guy was asking $2900 i put the finger on the trigger and i pointed at him with $2500 and he said alright its a yours !
My son and i we loaded the vette on our triler and hit home and i was happy because finaly i got my C3.
And about couple of weeks ago i founded this vette forum and after reading all the post the sleeping monster living in my has been awake and is looking for my second C3 and i have stared to look for a 71 to 73 but if tge 70 comes she will be welcome .
Old 11-21-2014, 10:13 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

This site in 2011.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Kelleyo
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A good friend of mine is a car collector and only buys pristine original numbers cars (or parts cars). He specializes in GTO's and has over 40 cars including some Vettes and Camaros. We go to car show together and he told me he wanted to sell his 69 BB survivor and I said I wanted it. That's as simple as it gets.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:48 PM
dewm1
Advanced

Driving through the mountains of British Columbia and spotted it sitting in a farmers driveway with this piece of plywood leaning up against the fence.
'79, 28,000 miles, original tires.

Last edited by dewm1; 11-22-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:14 PM
adamdinat
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I found mine at a car show. The father of one of my sons schools friends had seen me working on my cars and motorcycles and had always talked about getting classic car. He did not know much about working on cars and was looking for a partner to help out so he could learn and share the expense. One of the engineers at work had told me about a monthly car show he attended in NH telling me it was a good place to look at iron. My friend and I got up early Sunday and went. There were all kinds of cars for sale and we discussed what kind of car to get. I had always wanted a Corvette so we went back around looking at the 5 or 6 that were there. The ones we could afford were very stock, sporting faded paint with dirty engines with lots of hoses under the hood. Then there was the 79. It was shinny red and had a ZZ4 with a couple of thousand miles. The car needed an carpet and some minor work but everything was there. Seems the guy had just run out of ambition and money. The price was higher but we decided to test drive it. Once we heard the Flowmasters growl the car was sold. The guy at the show was selling it for the owner. He had stored it at his body shop and was owed money for that. My neighbor who owned a service station was at the show gave it a look and said it was pretty good. Eager to get his money the body shop owner came down significantly on the price. I was now partners in a car. Everyone I told rolled their eyes "that never works out!" You will end up hating each other. Things went pretty well for a few years. We worked on the car to rebuild the trailing arms, solved problems together took it to car shows and swapped possession every couple of weeks. He ended up getting divorced and moving in with his girlfriend about a half hour away and lost interest in the car. It stayed with me for about 3 years till finally he asked if I would buy him out. My wife approved the deal and it was all mine. On my own I would never have taken the plunge so having a partner worked out in this case. I still see him at events once and a while. He is into his sailboat now but, always asks about the car.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Swimtexan
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Searched Craigslist across the entire country until I found the beauty I was looking for in Yuma, AZ. A couple emails and phone calls later and it was loaded onto a car carrier headed for Virginia Beach!
Old 11-22-2014, 11:56 PM
198plus
Instructor

Found mine on Craigslist........1981 with 26,454 original miles

Last edited by 198plus; 11-23-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:01 AM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had been looking for another Vette since I had to give up my first one (79) over 20 years earlier. Driving home from golf course and saw it sitting on the corner of the lot at the local Hyundai dealer. I had gone to school with the dealership owner so I dropped in and asked about the car and turns out it had belonged to a guy I knew that I hadn't seen in years. Bought it the next day just ahead of a guy that drove across the state to buy it but I got there first. That's it over there in the left margin.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:23 AM
wolfrano02
Instructor

Originally Posted by Swimtexan
Searched Craigslist across the entire country until I found the beauty I was looking for in Yuma, AZ. A couple emails and phone calls later and it was loaded onto a car carrier headed for Virginia Beach!
And what did you buy?
Old 11-24-2014, 01:45 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Haven't found one yet, but not keeping it a secret that I'd like to find a bone-stock '70 to '73 Coupe - 4-speed/leather/air/ [white or blue] in outstanding condition.

Quick Reply: How did you find your vette?