C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whatever Became Of The Young Guy In Canada That Was Rebuilding His In The Garage?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 02:30 PM
mchar
Race Director

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

Yeah, don't burn your bridges.
Plus I hate the look of the car.
I learned a ton in the thread, but this lesson was the best.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:59 PM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJlr
I stopped following when I saw his headlamps
Ok.....i don't feel so bad now.......

I did too ..
Old 11-27-2014, 09:05 PM
jr73
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 166 Posts

Wow I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who went sour on that thread.
When he trashed Tracdogg2 I was done.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:48 PM
brybrew
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jr73
Wow I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who went sour on that thread.
When he trashed Tracdogg2 I was done.
I'm not a really big poster on here but I do get on here quite a bit and followed this thread for the past year or so here's my .02 for what its worth..

It was a really great thread that unfortunately went sour with his respect to the other people who where helping him. Right, wrong, or indifferent you can always be respectful and work things out offline and simply not post negative comments since they have little value to anyone. Though not my taste in the way he went about the build, the work was very informative and he done a really good job and that is admirable to say the least. I do hope that he learns from his mistakes (as we all do) as he gets older because he has the potential to be a really great builder. A common passion for these cars is key, but how we treat others in life (online or off) is what defines our character in the end.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:10 PM
CVO2FIXUP
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I think the lesson here is to humble your self even though you surpassed your colleagues in knowledge and or skill. Never forget where you came from.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:20 PM
persuader
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO2FIXUP
I think the lesson here is to humble your self even though you surpassed your colleagues in knowledge and or skill. Never forget where you came from.
I partly agree. But as far as surpassing the knowledge and skill of his colleagues. I really do doubt this guy could have built this thing all by himself.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:56 PM
CVO2FIXUP
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by persuader
I partly agree. But as far as surpassing the knowledge and skill of his colleagues. I really do doubt this guy could have built this thing all by himself.
It seems like he went off the rails a few years in to his build. After all the help and knowledge acquisition from others. Sometimes folks start to feel superior after all the heaped praise and attention. Kind of like celebrities. Off the rails they go. Chooo Chooo. LOL.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:15 AM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

At least he has done something,I would be surprised if any of his peer group have driver's licences or even the tiniest interest in cars.Hmmm,aren't you guys usually the ones complaining bout these useless,stupid,lazy kids that live in mom's basement playing Call of Duty well into their thirties...
Old 11-29-2014, 12:12 AM
vettezobsezzed
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a sweet car, can't speak to the dealings with other members, but it started off with an 18yr old kid, I was 18 once, and the way I handled and or dealt with people has changed a lot over the last 15+ years, just saying.

Quick Reply: Whatever Became Of The Young Guy In Canada That Was Rebuilding His In The Garage?