GOOD C3 Christmas Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 06:28 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Default GOOD C3 Christmas Idea

I'm "one of those guys" that has amassed nearly EVERY reference manual in print about the C3. I started with the 'Weekend Projects' and Richard Newton's rebuild book, then the '80 shop manual, Assembly manual (reprinted from reprints) and it snowballed to the Corvette history books, NCRS manual, and the list goes on...

'Couple of years ago, I got the idea to find a "MOTOR Auto Repair Manual" and bought a 1975-80 manual. Then, a couple weeks ago, I thought I'd look for the books that cover 1968-1974 and 81-82. Well, I couldn't quite get it all aligned but I've managed to cover all years of the C3 with three manuals including:

1968-1974 (Red book: Early Model Edition)
1975-1980 (Blue Book)
1977-1982 (Blue Book)

Thought I would share if you have been considering adding to your reference library (buying Christmas for yourself or giving ideas to a significant other). Granted, the books cover ALL US makes and models but it is cool to leaf through the engines sections of the 1968-1974 book to see what not only GM had but Ford, Chrysler and AMC.

The books are hard-bound and, even 'lightly used' (from eBay), will likely outlive me.

Not bad for under $100 delivered (the three books combined).

Quick Reply: GOOD C3 Christmas Idea