Sponsored by:

80 value

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 12:30 AM
RedTxVette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80 value

I know you guys/gals probably get tired of seeing post like this but...

A lot of people have been asking me if I would sell my 80. I originally bought the car just to flip and buy another vette but didnt think about selling it until completed.

The car has a 350 with a mild cam. It runs and drives but it's far from a daily driver. The kick down cable needs to be hooked up and the fan needs to be bolted on or an electric fan put on it. The serpentine system is too high for the hood to clear along with the air cleaner hitting. The headlights are not hooked up and the drivers side floor pan has some rust. Driver side door need panel put back on and outside door handle linkage put on and some minor interior work. What do you think the car is worth as it sits now? It starts up easily every time.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:44 AM
SciVette
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

As it sits the number will probably be lower than you want to hear.... I'll take a shot in the dark and say 5K. I'm sure you'll hear both higher and lower though. You'd likely make more profit by completing the car to basic driver status. I would be interested in your louvers on the back window if they're the Cragar wraparound ones. Willing to sell?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:46 AM
RedTxVette
Cruising

Not at the moment I wouldn't want to sell them. I got the car for a very good price and don't have too much in it. I was thinking around 5-6K is what it would bring as it sits.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:06 PM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

tell the people asking to make an offer. if you like the number sell it. Most people who ask if the car is for sale are dreamers anyways,
Old 12-23-2014, 03:02 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTxVette
I know you guys/gals probably get tired of seeing post like this but...

A lot of people have been asking me if I would sell my 80. I originally bought the car just to flip and buy another vette but didnt think about selling it until completed.

The car has a 350 with a mild cam. It runs and drives but it's far from a daily driver. The kick down cable needs to be hooked up and the fan needs to be bolted on or an electric fan put on it. The serpentine system is too high for the hood to clear along with the air cleaner hitting. The headlights are not hooked up and the drivers side floor pan has some rust. Driver side door need panel put back on and outside door handle linkage put on and some minor interior work. What do you think the car is worth as it sits now? It starts up easily every time.
In most cases the more time and money you put into it the more you will loose.
"Value" The number will be far lower than you want to hear, I could buy several comparible c3's for 2000.00 - 3000.00. 5-6K buys a lot of c3 in this condition.
When a 80-82 gets to this state of project unless you get a dreamer with more $$$ than common sense the prices are scary low. ( sorry please dont hate me )

Originally Posted by SciVette
As it sits the number will probably be lower than you want to hear.... I'll take a shot in the dark and say 5K. I'm sure you'll hear both higher and lower though. You'd likely make more profit by completing the car to basic driver status. I would be interested in your louvers on the back window if they're the Cragar wraparound ones. Willing to sell?
Those are NOT Cragars, too bulky, they are the molded plastic, Cragars are far more refined looking...

Originally Posted by qwank
tell the people asking to make an offer. if you like the number sell it. Most people who ask if the car is for sale are dreamers anyways,
I don't get it why would a dreamer ask if a car is for sale they could get called out really quickly.
Oddly I hear so many people saying they get so many people wanting to buy their vette I never do, lol,
While I hate "make offer" ads in craigslist in this case, I would hit the fellow right back with "how much" if he makes a low ball reply "I said make an offer not an insult"
Old 12-24-2014, 12:30 AM
RedTxVette
Cruising

Thanks for all of your input. I had put my 84 on craigslist and had more people ask me about the 80 than the 84 lol.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:21 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTxVette
Thanks for all of your input. I had put my 84 on craigslist and had more people ask me about the 80 than the 84 lol.
In most cases unless super nice an 84 is hard to sell,
I am not surprised people want any c3 over an 84...

Get notified of new replies

To 80 value

Quick Reply: 80 value