Interior Paint\Reconditioning with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

This is for 78+.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-pointer.html

I'm sure somebody will chime that can help.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM
wowed777
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK - So I have pretty much have removed all interior panels, and now have a few questions...
1) do many people paint the entire interior? Mine seems to be gray in color.
2) do most trim panels fit tight, overlap, etc? mine seems to have gaps where they come together, or dont completely cover the bird cage, etc. Is this normal for a 1973 or is this a indication of a problem with my body\frame?
3) there appears to be a separation two pieces of fiberglass on the pillar right behind the door. do I cut this out and re-glass? thoughts?

Do most people paint this area under the trim?

see the separation - Recommendation of repairing this?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Shark Gray
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rusty interior metal and Dynamat

[QUOTE=wowed777;1588703259]I am in the process of redoing the interior of my 1973 corvette. I have pull the seats, carpet etc and I have two questions:

1) I am planning to lay Dynamat, but wanted to lay a base first to prevent rust on the birdcage, and just to have a good clean base.

Do you just paint the interior black with Krylon, use POR, or Bed liner?

2) what do you use to freshen trim and console components. the trim is plastic buy the console pieces feel like vinyl or leather (they might just be plastic as well). do you die this, paint these, polish, stain?

Thoughts?
I rebuilt a 36 Dodge interior with modest rust. I used a Rustoleum rust converter liquid, goes on pale blue, then turns to black when its done.
Sanding or scraping any loose rust or metal is of course necessary too, but then be sure to get all the loose powders and sand, etc. out as well.

I tried sticking the Dynamat to some questionable areas and it eventually came off, especially the ceiling of course. Auto Anything is a good source for sound deadening materials and they promise to beat anyone's price, if you ask.

Good luck and wear a mask.
Shark Grayhttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin5.gif

Quick Reply: Interior Paint\Reconditioning with PICS