Sponsored by:

Dr rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 12:15 PM
PHIL 68
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Dr rebuild

Can anyone enlighten me on Dr Rebuild and the apparent feud he has ongoing with a member from this site. Does he sell quality vacuum hose packages? thanks Phil
Old 01-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Revi
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 136 Posts

I think the Doc and company are just getting older & cranky. They seem to have fueds with quite a few people, myself included.

I loved the quality of his parts, but once when I had to return a couple of items due to shipping damage (no fault of his) I was banned from using my credit card. I could only pay upfront with a check or money order.

So endeth my relationship with the Doc.

Last edited by Revi; 01-13-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Mick71
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15,'21

The rubber parts that I used from them (vacuum hoses included) were of good quality, but that was a while ago.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by PHIL 68
the apparent feud he has ongoing with a member from this site.
Gonna name names?
Old 01-13-2015, 02:18 PM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

I've gotten some of the wiring diagrams from him and they were TOP NOTCH. Very helpful.

I then noticed all of his "rants" in his catalog on on his web site against this person or that person.

I own a small business, so I know how sucky it feels to get "crowded out" by the big guys even though you sell the superior product. However, ranting and constantly grumbling about it starts to get tiring.

I think of these AWESOME alignment folks there are here in town. THE BEST place to go to with a classic car. But everyone there is over 80, it seems. They area all grumpy as hell, from the person taking your call to the person doing the work. They know EXACTLY what they're doing, but won't chit chat with you. Funniest thing is that they take exactly 2 alignment appointments a day. One in the morning, and one in the afternoon. Backed up for weeks. I guess the building is paid for 100x over or something. Good alignment, though.

So grumpy is as grumpy does. Makes it less plesant to give him a call and get his opinion on something, that's for sure...
Old 01-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi,
I think Dr. Rebuild continues to have a good selection of small parts, especially 'soft' parts.
He's notoriously cranky on the phone but his wife seems to make up for it.
In person he's quite an interesting guy, and owns a nice assortment of Corvettes.
I find his catalogue, which I believe is his own work, to be quite useful because of it's extreme detail.
Regards,
Alan
Old 01-13-2015, 03:53 PM
esierra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say the Catalog alone is worth every bit of what he might charge for it, Very helpful.
Yes some attitude involved for me it was worth it.

I'm getting older all the time and becoming more understanding.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:59 PM
PHIL 68
Racer

Default Mike

Originally Posted by Mike Ward
Gonna name names?
He really seems to have a grudge with pewter99 I guess it's no secret for me to say because it's all over his site click on corvetteextortionforum on bottom of his home page Phil
Old 01-13-2015, 06:12 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Doc has some parts that no one else has. I tried several weatherstrips from multiple vendors and my doors were real hard to close. Used doc's weatherstrips and now they close easily.

I've been warned he can be difficult so I order online.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:21 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

If you follow his rules to the letter you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:22 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Geoff Coenen aka Doc Rebuild is one of the pioneers of Corvette parts reproduction, I am not a restorer but I have been told his stuff was always 1st rate opposed to the rest of the junk out there, he has had his parts knocked off and his catalog illustrations stolen and used in other vendors catalogs without his permission, he sued and he won...more that once. I for one applaud the man.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:28 PM
thegazman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thegazman

Originally Posted by Mike Ward
Gonna name names?
Mike....REVI said "himself" and you know he has sued Zip Corvette several times, so it can be assumed they don"t get along. I quit using them because they act like they are doing you a favor when they sell you something.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:41 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I have used his parts and was satisfied but that was years ago when I think only zip was his prime target for ripping him off. We all get a little pissy as we get older, ask my wife, so my philosophy is buy somewhere else if you don't like it just like you shop where you feel you get the service you want. Now for me, I will buy from him like Zwede on line if he has what I want. Last point is I for one am glad he won his lawsuites against those seeking to rip him off and I don't buy from those companies.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:56 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Highly recommended. He does cater more to an educated consumer, but his website is growing with content......so for those concerned with his attitude, you don't even have to deal with a real person.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,682 Likes on 1,413 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I don't care what quality parts he had or has, his website is all I needed to see for me to NEVER buy anything from him. Fact is, most of the suppliers get the same parts from the same manufacturers. I have had great success with most of the suppliers, including Zip, his arch enemy. Dr. Rebuild rants about Zip is just sour grapes that they have a better website, a better catalog, sell more parts and are more successful. GM built the car, not Dr. Rebuild. Whatever products have been made and sold are copies of what GM built. If Zip copied something SO WHAT! Again, GM built the car, not Dr Rebuild.

Finally, a business owner can treat people like dirt if they want, but when they do that to me, they no longer get my money. There used to thing called COMMON RESPECT that was taught to children...long gone from the modern types.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 01-13-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:20 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

It's pretty darn sad to me, I bought from him years ago and the part was top end but he wasn't, he does act like he is doing you the favor selling you the part, perhaps he would be if that "favor" didn't come with his attitude,

Last I called to buy something I didn't get past the call and gave my $$$ to someone else,

while I do not condone people ripping him off his attack on the moderators here doing their jobs to the point of that web site tirade is over the top and beyond,
I personally do not agree with many rules here, however I try to play by those rules because at the moment this is the biggest and best corvette Forum,

The rules here say that a person in the parts business ( be it one part in 6 months or millions a year ) has to be a supporting vender to advertise here and even too much customer promotions done in a thread is against the rules,
I have this happen to me with others, almost every time I post one my custom threads they are high jacked by non Supporting venders or their cronies, if I wanted to post about their product I would. ( and get my post locked )

From what I gather Doc rebuild wants to be able to advertise here but not support, the way I see it this forum isn't public it is privately owned for profit so dr rebuild like anyone in the biz should have to ante up to advert here, same as a TV or Radio ad.

So his attacks on the forum and mods I could say are between he and they, but I simply will not beg anyone to sell me something and be all snide to me while doing it....the fellow has enough $$$ my tiny amount will never be missed.....

Thread lockdown in T minus....
Old 01-13-2015, 07:30 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Can anyone enlighten me on Dr Rebuild and the apparent feud he has ongoing with a member from this site. Does he sell quality vacuum hose packages? thanks Phil
To answer your question, yes.

Get notified of new replies

To Dr rebuild

Old 01-13-2015, 08:00 PM
PHIL 68
Racer

I think I got the answer I was looking for thanks to all who responded Phil
Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I cant resist...is dc rebuilt the only place to buy good vacuum hoses?

... o 0 ( this can go in so many directions )

Old 01-13-2015, 08:31 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I think I got the answer I was looking for thanks to all who responded Phil

I think we are done here.

Quick Reply: Dr rebuild