Sponsored by:

Inside door handles

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Robert H
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Inside door handles

Working on the interior of my 1970 Corvette, and I am ready to do some paint work on the door panel trim. There is a cross-hatched or checkered area on the inside door handle. I have looked thru books, and at pics on-line, but I can't figure out for sure if that area is supposed to be painted on a 70. The later C3's it is for sure, but I see a lot of them on older cars (69-70) that are not painted. From the pictures I have seen, it almost looks like the early ones were not painted, and then they were painted from about 72 on. But, it could be that the pics I have seen just have the paint worn off. There is not a trace of paint in mine, and there are traces of paint on the other door panel parts (lock ****, armrest trim, lock backing plate. So--what's the story for 1970 inside door handles--paint or no? .
Old 01-24-2015, 12:59 PM
toylman
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 179 Posts

I have a Jan. '70 mostly original car and mine are painted black. Also, the NCRS manual says; "black in the center raised grain area".

Originally Posted by Robert H
Working on the interior of my 1970 Corvette, and I am ready to do some paint work on the door panel trim. There is a cross-hatched or checkered area on the inside door handle. I have looked thru books, and at pics on-line, but I can't figure out for sure if that area is supposed to be painted on a 70. The later C3's it is for sure, but I see a lot of them on older cars (69-70) that are not painted. From the pictures I have seen, it almost looks like the early ones were not painted, and then they were painted from about 72 on. But, it could be that the pics I have seen just have the paint worn off. There is not a trace of paint in mine, and there are traces of paint on the other door panel parts (lock ****, armrest trim, lock backing plate. So--what's the story for 1970 inside door handles--paint or no? .
Old 01-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Robert H
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toylman
I have a Jan. '70 mostly original car and mine are painted black. Also, the NCRS manual says; "black in the center raised grain area".
Thanks-I guess that is pretty definitive. I probably should buy one of those manuals.

Get notified of new replies

To Inside door handles

Quick Reply: Inside door handles