Sponsored by:

Help with March big block system

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:02 AM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Help with March big block system

I installed this on my 71 a few years back but am just starting to run the motor. It is the March system made for big block corvettes that uses two belts. The first one off the crank drives the water pump that has 2 belt groves, the outer grove drives the other components. the problem is the belt rides to the front of the water pump as soon as you start it. You would think that pulley needs to be spaced out but the belt behind it that is driven off the crankshaft lines up fine.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,139 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Assuming the "other" components are not too far back.

Check to see if the pulley is not only inline (front to back) but also square to the motor (The belt will try to run to the high side) If its turned out slightly the belt will try to run to the "high" side and do what you show.

Just something to look at.

M
Old 01-25-2015, 01:43 PM
mysixtynine
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Hard to tell but the pictures seem to indicate that the main truss is too far forward maybe?

If the belt that comes from the crank is in good alignment then start there. Sounds line the crank to water pump also has it's own tensioner that is not connected to the main truss.

The rest of the accessories must be out.

Maybe review the install directions... Just seems the main truss is too far forward therefore the belt to the water pump that runs everything else is being pulled forward. Again , only what I can see in the pics.

I have a vintage air front runner and it only uses one belt so I have no experience with your setup.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with March big block system

Quick Reply: Help with March big block system