Sponsored by:

no heat in 76

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 08:35 AM
original76
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default no heat in 76

Opposed to the usual problem of too much heat, I have no heat. I replaced the vacuum control valve in the engine compartment, ran water through heater core to make sure there was no blockage, made sure the water pump was pumping and installed a new 192 degree thermostat.

If I understand correctly, the water control valve is closed under vacuum. I have vacuum at the water control valve, but it is continuous. Therefore, I disconnected the vacuum line thinking the valve would open and I'd have heat. Did not work.

Advance thanks for any help on solving this problem.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:41 AM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by original76
Opposed to the usual problem of too much heat, I have no heat.

Advance thanks for any help on solving this problem.

Now that's a C3first.

I can bottle up some from my car and send it to ya.Mine makes enough to heat a Greyhound bus.

I would check the engine to be sure it's running
Old 01-31-2015, 10:45 AM
original76
Racer

Originally Posted by LS4 PILOT
Now that's a C3first.

I can bottle up some from my car and send it to ya.Mine makes enough to heat a Greyhound bus.

I would check the engine to be sure it's running
Thanks for the response and good laugh this morning.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:45 PM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by original76
Thanks for the response and good laugh this morning.
Sorry I nothing useful to actually help. But I' m stumped to be honest.

I had headers on an old 66 BB.....that baby could thaw a hole though an iceberg .

I just never lived anywhere , I had to have car heat .....no sure I want to either

I think if I took every vent ,hose ,duct , heater core and threw it all away .....I believe I d still roast .
Old 02-01-2015, 06:33 AM
original76
Racer

Originally Posted by LS4 PILOT
Sorry I nothing useful to actually help. But I' m stumped to be honest.

I had headers on an old 66 BB.....that baby could thaw a hole though an iceberg .

I just never lived anywhere , I had to have car heat .....no sure I want to either

I think if I took every vent ,hose ,duct , heater core and threw it all away .....I believe I d still roast .
The odd thing is that I always suffered from the hot air problem as most experience. Then one day in South Texas where I live and drive the car almost daily (original owner 225000 miles) it was chilly and I needed and a little heat would have been nice. No heat! The only thing I can think of is that there is another valve someplace in the system that is not sending the correct vacuum message to the cooling shut off valve in the engine compartment. I found one sketch that showed the door vacuum motors, shut off valve and some other gadgets, but none of them were labeled nor the year of the car shown. I think that the system changed in 77. Again thanks for the reply.

Get notified of new replies

To no heat in 76

Quick Reply: no heat in 76