Sponsored by:

Shock labels

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 04:35 PM
news2me
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Shock labels

I was just looking on a venders web site and they have shocks labels. They come in a pack of four. CH and CJ, what is the front sticker CH or CJ. And where does the sticker go on the shocks...
Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 AM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

The shock labels you mention are/were actually broadcast labels for the assembly line. There were front/ear variations, and depending on year, there were standard suspension and upgraded suspension options.

The 2 character alpha code stickers identified the shock for the assembly operator. To be "correct", you need to know what year and what suspension you have. Different model years used different codes. From there, you can install the stickers onto the body of the shock. Anywhere on the body will be fine for front. I think anywhere on the dust shield (outer) part of the rear shock is needed. Straightness doesn't matter, as I've seen plenty of original labels stuck every which way. Again. it was only to quickly identify the shock's part number for installation. No use after that.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 PM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

I agree with red72...any which way...there was not anything fancy about it. If you list what year, motor size and suspension, I can give you the codes.

Get notified of new replies

To Shock labels

Quick Reply: Shock labels