Need to vent.!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 05:47 PM
daanbc
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Need to vent.!

I just had a tire kicker come over to look at the vette. First of all to me he was a nerd. Sorry if I step on anyones toes. But he's 49 and came with his mother. Tells me these stories about his girlfriends in bikinis in Miami. I already decided I was not going to sell the car to him. He does not appreciate it. He asked if the "power" rear window worked. I told him there was no such thing. That earlier models had a removable window. He then went to the back and asked me to open the trunk for him!!!!! WTF!! Then he complained that it was to loud when I took his a$$ for a drive around the block. URRGH!!! He then gets out of the car and looks underneath like he knows what he's doing. And ask's if the mufflers can be replaced. Then ask's hows it on gas!!!!!!!!! Thats when I told him, sorry this car is not for you. This is NOT a prius…… Goodbye.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:53 PM
hotrodnick
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

He must have taken a handful of stupid pills before he came over.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:59 PM
68/BB
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Your tolerance level is much higher than mine. He wouldn't have even gotten the ride from me. However, it takes all kinds to make up this crazy place we live in.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Brother Rob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure ignorant tire kickers can be frustrating.

Last edited by Brother Rob; 03-02-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:07 PM
VetteMarshal
Instructor

Maybe he was just being an *** on purpose just to get a free ride.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,731 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

HAHAHA- You have been pranked-

Now your gonna see the video on youtube and how you handled it!!!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM
daanbc
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Richard454
HAHAHA- You have been pranked-

Now your gonna see the video on youtube and how you handled it!!!
I guess it wouldn't be that bad if that was the truth. But come on, a trunk????
Old 03-02-2015, 06:25 PM
69Pman
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I wonder which forum member will take credit for this? As for his mother, sounds like she was the one carrying the hidden camera. Really is a hilarious situation.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:27 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by daanbc
I just had a tire kicker come over to look at the vette. First of all to me he was a nerd. Sorry if I step on anyones toes. But he's 49 and came with his mother. Tells me these stories about his girlfriends in bikinis in Miami. I already decided I was not going to sell the car to him. He does not appreciate it. He asked if the "power" rear window worked. I told him there was no such thing. That earlier models had a removable window. He then went to the back and asked me to open the trunk for him!!!!! WTF!! Then he complained that it was to loud when I took his a$$ for a drive around the block. URRGH!!! He then gets out of the car and looks underneath like he knows what he's doing. And ask's if the mufflers can be replaced. Then ask's hows it on gas!!!!!!!!! Thats when I told him, sorry this car is not for you. This is NOT a prius…… Goodbye.
Maybe he thought it was too loud because the muffler bearings needed replaced.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:33 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

8 responses and no one asked? You guys are slipping.....

PHOTOS OF MOTHER
Old 03-02-2015, 06:40 PM
GPGG70
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now hang on a minute.
One of my vettes has a trunk. I aint kidding either.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by daanbc
I guess it wouldn't be that bad if that was the truth. But come on, a trunk????

Originally Posted by GPGG70
Now hang on a minute.
One of my vettes has a trunk. I aint kidding either.
It's entirely possible.....

A C3 w/ a trunk!!!!

Old 03-02-2015, 06:55 PM
VetteMarshal
Instructor

Yeah stick the gas tank on your wife's lap.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:01 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
8 responses and no one asked? You guys are slipping.....

PHOTOS OF MOTHER

Sorry.......just got here.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

While that really sucks it is a bit over the top, he kicked the tires?!...why?
While you found him a nerd he might have seen you as a pompous typical vette owner...
who cares?
I have bought and sold too many cars & cycles, I have a kit car right now I might sell if not for pain in the *** buyers, but in the end a jerks money is just as green as the next fellows, and it's not my concern what happens to an item after I am done with it, it's a buyer market if the seller is lucky enough to find the buyer,
My thing is I weed people out in emails long before I will allow them to come looky-lou or waste my time, I just ask them to ask me a few deal breaker questions, most serious buyers of parts, cars or whatever can and will do that the ones who freak out saying they just have to come look, I pass up on, I believe my way makes me miss a possible sale or two but when someone does come 99% of the time it's no nonsense, I sold my dads Avanti 2 this way in less than 2 weeks, harder to sell than a c3 in many ways, what a mess dad was basically in dying mode, he knew he couldn't give me the car due to step family issues so selling it was the only answer, I had a few people hit me up then a fellow knew what he wanted made a realistic offer and when he went to the car handed over the money took the title and had the car hauled off a few days later....no BS no nervous issues.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:31 PM
VetteMarshal
Instructor

Originally Posted by The13Bats
While that really sucks it is a bit over the top, he kicked the tires?!...why?
While you found him a nerd he might have seen you as a pompous typical vette owner...
who cares?
I have bought and sold too many cars & cycles, I have a kit car right now I might sell if not for pain in the *** buyers, but in the end a jerks money is just as green as the next fellows, and it's not my concern what happens to an item after I am done with it, it's a buyer market if the seller is lucky enough to find the buyer,
My thing is I weed people out in emails long before I will allow them to come looky-lou or waste my time, I just ask them to ask me a few deal breaker questions, most serious buyers of parts, cars or whatever can and will do that the ones who freak out saying they just have to come look, I pass up on, I believe my way makes me miss a possible sale or two but when someone does come 99% of the time it's no nonsense, I sold my dads Avanti 2 this way in less than 2 weeks, harder to sell than a c3 in many ways, what a mess dad was basically in dying mode, he knew he couldn't give me the car due to step family issues so selling it was the only answer, I had a few people hit me up then a fellow knew what he wanted made a realistic offer and when he went to the car handed over the money took the title and had the car hauled off a few days later....no BS no nervous issues.
I definitely agree with the "weeding out" of buyers with emails or phone calls etc, and I have a decently successful small selling business, but I do care who gets some items I'm selling and what happens to it afterwards. Most things I sell I don't give two hoots about it after it's in the buyers hands, but if something has sentiment to it and is a very significant item like a Corvette, I definitely care. If I was to sell my Vette, I'd have to be 100% sure it was in "good hands" and wasn't gonna get the scrap-pile treatment. That's just me I guess.

It's kinda like when a young man asks to marry your daughter. You're going to want to know the kid and be sure he's going to take care of your baby.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:46 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

I'm only surprised that he didn't ask that Mom drive the car for a bit...only to see her doing DONUTS on your driveway!!!

There are all kinds and you just met the worst of them.

Get notified of new replies

To Need to vent.!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:51 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteMarshal
I definitely agree with the "weeding out" of buyers with emails or phone calls etc, and I have a decently successful small selling business, but I do care who gets some items I'm selling and what happens to it afterwards. Most things I sell I don't give two hoots about it after it's in the buyers hands, but if something has sentiment to it and is a very significant item like a Corvette, I definitely care. If I was to sell my Vette, I'd have to be 100% sure it was in "good hands" and wasn't gonna get the scrap-pile treatment. That's just me I guess.

It's kinda like when a young man asks to marry your daughter. You're going to want to know the kid and be sure he's going to take care of your baby.
I do not compare humans to objects...I want the best for my step daughter but lets say a fellow who knows about my kit car, a no nonsense buyer offered me a fair going rate but said he planned to destroy it for some reason or another, I would take his offer, and buy some parts for my 69.
I am far from cold hearted or not sentimental, but I did learn sentimental value has no monetary value except perhaps the owner/seller, in fact if I see an ad that tries much at all to play on heart strings I move on,
A great example is Myth busters, they ruined a great c4 corvette by letting a pig rot in it, the owner even said he wasn't happy about the use of the car, but guess what he did sell it to them and did get his asking price that was high, if he held our for the "right" buyer he might have taken a hit on the price, sorry, my pride and ego isn't that big to tell some buyer they can't have it....no soup for you...lol.
In my case if I have some object that I care what happens to it, that item simply isn't for sale, now, perhaps ever, what happens to it after I am gone doesn't matter to me.

I should add my way of thinking and doing sales is flawed,
Example, a month or so back I listed a custom tilt front clip on my local CL,
I get lots of hits and one the buyer had to let me know that "she" was a seasoned vette person working on them over 45 years and would come "look" at the custom front clip and then make an offer as to what it is worth,
The irony was I listed it 75.00,
I had covered things in my ad like, ask questions, and I already had good pictures, I also said "firm", so you see what she was about, my simple asking her in reply to ask me deal breaker questions and what year corvette she desired to use it on fueled her to go on a multi email rant and cussing fit, calling me all kinds of names,
I sadly couldn't allow her to come "look" and make her "offer" so even I have limits.

Last edited by The13Bats; 03-02-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Mick71
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15,'21

At least he showed up. The chumps that waste your time with false interest and then bail without so much as a courtesy call are the worst.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

I really am thinking this would be a great prank. A youtube sensation!!

A while back when I did an addition to my house- I had a pile of dirt was giving away on Craigslist. Bring your truck/trailer shovel it up- it's free. I had one lady email me that she was going to have to ride the bus and would only be able to get a bucket at the time...she was for real- I loaned her my shovel!!!

Originally Posted by VetteMarshal
Yeah stick the gas tank on your wife's lap.
Nope...custom tank-

Quick Reply: Need to vent.!