Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attaching Emblems

Old 03-15-2015, 03:20 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Default Attaching Emblems

Did a search and couldn't find anything on the proper way to attach the Corvette letters on the back of my 72 and the Stingray emblems on the side of the fenders. I need to know how the factory did it since someone just had a dab of glue holding each piece on after a repaint . Did the factory use barrel clips , nuts , push clips , etc. Allen , I'm sure you know this one.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi,
Through the 72 model year the script was held in place with a thick black adhesive….. no speed nuts.
The current Trim Parts reproduction has a lighter color pressure sensitive adhesive strip.
On many cars the script is now held in place with speed nuts. There's no access to the rear most pin on both sides of the car.
Regards,
Alan

Not pretty but original.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:05 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi,
Through the 72 model year the script was held in place with a thick black adhesive….. no speed nuts.
The current Trim Parts reproduction has a lighter color pressure sensitive adhesive strip.
On many cars the script is now held in place with speed nuts. There's no access to the rear most pin on both sides of the car.
Regards,
Alan

Not pretty but original.
Hi Allen , Thanks for your response. I'm more concerned about what holds the rear letters on to the rear panel on the car. There is just holes but no barrel nuts etc to hold them on. Were previously just held on with a dab of glue. Trying to find out what they used originally from the factory. Seems like there would have been some type of mechanical fastener such as barrel nuts which you just push the letter in to the barrel nut . In case you are not familiar with barrel nuts , they are a cylinder type spring clip that pushes into the hole from the outside and the studs just push into the hole in the fastener holding pressure on the stud . They used them on many of the sixties and seventies cars.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:12 PM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

C O R V E T T E letters are secured with speed nuts. See UPC 1/sheet F27 in your 1972 AIM for part number and torque details

Last edited by redrdstr72; 03-15-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by redrdstr72
C O R V E T T E letters are secured with speed nuts. See UPC 1/sheet F27 in your 1972 AIM for part number and torque details
Thanks for the information . I looked through and missed that page . Problem solved.

Get notified of new replies

To Attaching Emblems

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attaching Emblems