Sponsored by:

Classic Salvage Yard For Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 PM
dallas121469
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Salvage Yard For Sale!

Went to this classic car salvage yard today.

http://www.llclassicauto.com/

It is for sale for $3 million dollars. I'm not going to debate the price here but am here to tell you that this yard will probably disappear if it is not purchased or handed down to a son-in-law. The wife of the current owner wants to scrap everything and take the money from the scrap for her retirement. The employees and at least one relative want it to live on as a classic car scrap yard. I spent over two hours here and the amount of old parts cars is amazing. I only found two of the 4 things I needed but I enjoyed myself thoroughly and will return for more parts eventually.

I'm not really sure why I am posting this but it is depressing that yards like these continue to disappear and that people see only money and not the history.

They don't have any Vette parts to speak of but just about every other classic is represented in the yard. I saw cars I've never heard of there. If you need any parts I encourage you to call them. They can be brusque but they love the oldies just as much as we do. Peace out.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

What does this have to do with C3s?

Originally Posted by dallas121469
...this yard will probably disappear if it is not purchased or handed down to a son-in-law. The wife of the current owner wants to scrap everything and take the money from the scrap for her retirement...
So write them a check and open your new business.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:36 AM
69Pman
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

120 acres of scrap. The overview of the property from their website is impressive.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:46 AM
PHIL 68
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Employees will obviously want it to stay open, lady wants to sell for retirement who can blame her. Although it's likely a hoot for a car buff to go shopping in it's likely been there for many years and the locals have taken what they need. Business will be sparse and I fail to see how paying 3 million will yield a return. Once closed owners will likely have to deal with the government for remediation. Shame to see it go but that's life. Phil
Old 04-26-2015, 02:02 PM
maverickmk
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 186 Posts

Maybe we should all pool our money and buy it
I got a hundred I can put towards the purchase.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:49 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 543 Posts

I think that you're saying you spend hours there and only bought 2 things tells the story. Back in the day, these yards were the only places you could get old car stuff. Today, there are countless vendors selling repro parts better than anything you could have found in the yard. ANd truth be told, how many of us old farts are left wanting to rebuild some classic muscle car. Not many. My youngest kid (27) had never seen a carburetor until I drove my '78 home and pulled off the air cleaner. Don't know many people looking for classic Saturn parts nowadays. But I will admit they are fun to walk thru and remember the OLD DAYS!

Get notified of new replies

To Classic Salvage Yard For Sale!

Quick Reply: Classic Salvage Yard For Sale!