Sponsored by:

Need help locating a part

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Boatguy24
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help locating a part

I need to find a door that will fit a 74 t top I have been calling the salvage yards and no one has anything within a 10 hour radius. Need help locating other places for parts. My current door is fine other than the fact there is some rust between the inside or of metal and the skin. In order to sand the rust down I need to remove the skin. Does anyone know a place I could look around Virginia for a new door or have any ideas on my problem. A guy I know recommended i spray it with ospho since you can't see it. I am a bit knew to this.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:47 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatguy24
I need to find a door that will fit a 74 t top I have been calling the salvage yards and no one has anything within a 10 hour radius. Need help locating other places for parts. My current door is fine other than the fact there is some rust between the inside or of metal and the skin. In order to sand the rust down I need to remove the skin. Does anyone know a place I could look around Virginia for a new door or have any ideas on my problem. A guy I know recommended i spray it with ospho since you can't see it. I am a bit knew to this.
Why a 10 hour radius?? Find a salvage yard with a good door and have them motor freight it to you. Rust free? Try J&D Corvette in Bellflower, Ca. They have a big salvage yard and they ship out a lot of stuff every day, noticeably to overseas customers.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Ktruff
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try big city corvettes in Livermore, Ca. They ship free anywhere in the continental us. Go to www.bigcitycorvettes.com.
Ken
Old 05-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Mikesfreetime
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used Pipers Corvette, if he doesn't have it he knows who does.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Perfmach1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where are you located? There is a guy here in MD how has a ton of parts.

Last edited by Perfmach1; 05-05-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:48 PM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

I d buy one from CA or AZ or NM before I d buy anything metal on the east coast .

You want it to turn out right the first time .

I ve bought from big city in CA.....they seem honest.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:53 PM
nomocrap
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Call contempory corvette in Bristol pa they will have what you want JAY
Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 PM
cb.bums
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default door

call zip prod in Richmond for help

Get notified of new replies

To Need help locating a part

Quick Reply: Need help locating a part