Sponsored by:

Need to move seat forward.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 01:03 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Default Need to move seat forward.

Is there a adjustment that would allow me to move the seat forward in the car. I now have a clutch pedal ( auto to manual conversion) and I cannot get enough leg into the pedal (legs are so short).
Can the forward stop location be adjusted.

1978 stock seats.

Thanks....
Old 05-24-2015, 05:51 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Trying to modify the seat track stop is really not possible. Remove the seat and look.

I have been through this for customers. Generally...the accelerator pedal is also effected.

Moving the mounting areas in the floor boards is something I do not do.

Due to many customers who and others who drive the car....I attach spacer blocks onto the pedals that can be removed when needed. This way no major modification are being made that can not be reversed.

Fabricating up 'C' channel plates that can be used between the seat track and the seat frame so it can be re-mounted and staggered can work also...but if others drive the car that need the seat to go all the way back...installing these plates will not allow the seat to go all the way back.

DUB
Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
Trying to modify the seat track stop is really not possible. Remove the seat and look.

I have been through this for customers. Generally...the accelerator pedal is also effected.

Moving the mounting areas in the floor boards is something I do not do.

Due to many customers who and others who drive the car....I attach spacer blocks onto the pedals that can be removed when needed. This way no major modification are being made that can not be reversed.

Fabricating up 'C' channel plates that can be used between the seat track and the seat frame so it can be re-mounted and staggered can work also...but if others drive the car that need the seat to go all the way back...installing these plates will not allow the seat to go all the way back.

DUB
Thanks... No one else will be driving the car. So may look at C channel plates or completly different seats.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:50 AM
Giant_Robot
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

plastic cup and a shoelace, tie it to your foot for a leg extension. easy fix, with no mods to the car.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:08 AM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Giant_Robot
plastic cup and a shoelace, tie it to your foot for a leg extension. easy fix, with no mods to the car.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:03 PM
vbgod1
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Most adapter fabrication may also move the seat up higher from the floor. I am working on getting a Miata seat to fit at the moment. I think it fits me perfect, but if I ever get carjacked, it will be fun watching the clown show.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Giant_Robot
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.plasmetic.com/images/leg-...operations.jpg

here's another alternative, and just do this to the one leg for the clutch to save some cash.

Get notified of new replies

To Need to move seat forward.

Quick Reply: Need to move seat forward.