Sponsored by:

Memorial Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Lakeside49
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

Default Memorial Day

I was not in the military service. But, my late Dad/best friend was (Big Red One, Infantry, Battle of the Bulge), along with many men in the town where I grew up. They would seldom, if ever discuss their experience or fallen comrades. My mom said that he would abruptly wake up with nightmares for more than a decade after returning home, so he was obviously thinking about them.
I know that there are quite a few former military personnel on this special forum, or families who supported them. A great many of you know/loved people who did not comeback, or did not come all the way back. My thoughts and warm wishes go out to you on this Memorial Day. I wish they could be here with us. We are all in such tremendous debt to them.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Watched the concert on the national mall on PBS last night, without commercial interruption. My tears kept flowing for an hour and a half. Was glad the emphasis was on the 4 million plus disabled vets and what this great country can still do for them. Those that made the ultimate sacrifice cannot be helped. This 65 year old vet salutes all my brothers and sisters who have served.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day