Sponsored by:

Borgeson Unbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 04:08 AM
mrichi
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Borgeson Unbelievable

Just finished my Borgeson Steering install . Took it out for a drive wow what a difference this has made to my car ,steering is so precise.this is by far the best modification I have made to my Vette.

I know some have said GM engineers knew what they were doing back in the 70's. Yes they did the C3 is a great car but advances have been made in the last 45 years and this conversion just highlights the advances.

The only problem I had was getting the pitman arm off the old steering box as I don't have a oxy set I took it to my local guy and he got it off in just a few minutes
Old 07-18-2015, 07:35 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

I borrowed a pitman puller from Advance. It only took a couple of minutes to get it off.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:04 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

I am glad to hear once again how much better these cars feel with the Borgeson conversion; I have had the kit sitting in my garage for over a year now waiting to be installed!! Hopefully over this winter I will get it done!
Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 AM
mrichi
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine sat in the garage for over a year as well .Its winter here in Australia so it was time to get the job done .Broke my leg last December so it was good to be able to complete this install. Some have posted they installed it in half a day . I am not that quick and I don't have a lift so I did it over a couple of weekends .One tip when u have finished start it up with the front wheels off the ground and turn the steering lock to lock ,after make sure you recheck the power steering fluid level ,you will probably need to top it up again

Get notified of new replies

To Borgeson Unbelievable

Quick Reply: Borgeson Unbelievable