Crossfire alternative?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:56 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by We Gone
Yes Steve, the "sticky" is always a good thread to refer to along with the wealth of info out there for our 82 CFI's

Originally Posted by KB1KVD
The crossfire injection system is really solid as long as you keep up with all the maintenance. The biggest thing I have found with these cars is the sensors can knock engine though a loop and keeping the throttle bodies clean and lubed.
I have been fortunate with my 82 concerning the sensors, haven't replaced any yet with over 3 years of ownership, and 66,000 miles plus as my "dd". Have not had the TB's apart or even cleaned the IAC's as of yet. I do use Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner on a regular basis, and although some may disagree, I feel it at least helps keeps the injectors clean and still maintain the umbrella type fuel flow at idle.
I do make sure that the ignition module has the required amount of lube under it so it won't "fry" when installed on the distributor plate, thus reducing the possibility of being stranded somewhere. I also get anywhere from 19+ to 21+ mpg depending on my right foot.
And it is mostly highway driving.

To Mike the OP, even though the "sticky" has a lot of info on how and what to look for with the CFI, it doesn't by any stretch, mean that you may experience any or all of the possible problems that may arise. Remember that can be with any vehicle. I feel and am sure a lot of us 82 owners here do agree as stated in an above post that the CFI can and is probably one of the most reliable systems out there when properly set-up. Don't let the nay-sayers tell you any different.
If you purchase the 82, congrats and remember there are many here on the forum to help out. Tom
Old 07-28-2015, 11:03 PM
pltmgr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 360 Likes on 216 Posts

Didn't drive my 82 that much but was very happy with its overall performance. It ran flawlessly, had a fair amount of low end grunt, and obtained decent gas mileage. Actually sorry I sold it.

Quick Reply: Crossfire alternative?