Sponsored by:

New sound system

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 12:16 AM
asianlimodriver
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New sound system

Just thought I'd post a few pics of my new sound system. Sound Depot in La Mirada did the work.

Custom box housing Diamond Audio 6x9's, Aline 5-channel amp, and JL Audio shallow subwoofer box

Pic of subwoofer box mounted on top

Alpine head unit with Bluetooth

Diamond Audio component 6 inch with tweeter in the dash on top

Last edited by asianlimodriver; 07-29-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:40 AM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

I have the same receiver, or whatever it's called in my car. I haven't figured out how to use it yet. How do you like it?
Old 07-29-2015, 01:40 AM
cue487023
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice neat install. Happy cruising!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:04 AM
asianlimodriver
Racer

Originally Posted by rcread
I have the same receiver, or whatever it's called in my car. I haven't figured out how to use it yet. How do you like it?
Love the stereo. The installer gave me a remote which makes working the stereo much easier. It would have been a pain making the reach to adjust the stereo.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:38 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

I have a very similar set up and it sounds fantastic! Your install looks well done

Which amp did you use? I put an Alpine PDX-V9 in mine to power everything and it made a world of difference!

Good luck with the handsfree! I thought that was going to be useful until I actually tried to use it and no one could hear me over all the other noise.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:58 AM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

very nice setup. I'd like to see better pictures of your box though
Old 07-29-2015, 12:15 PM
tyancey00
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

it always seems the box kills the ability to put the tops in the back...
Old 07-29-2015, 01:58 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by tyancey00
it always seems the box kills the ability to put the tops in the back...
Very true, and one of those which would you rather have decisions. My box doesn't eat much nearly as much space as the OP and in a jam I was able to get my tops in the back if I didn't recline the seats all the way. Wasn't really comfortable but did work. Now that I have a harness bar, that is out of the questions anyway.

I am surprised in the subwoofer choice. As large as that box appears, I would have expected a W6 or something but not a slim woofer. I know a W6 is pretty deep so maybe it wouldn't' fit?
Old 07-29-2015, 02:03 PM
asianlimodriver
Racer

Originally Posted by fleming23
I have a very similar set up and it sounds fantastic! Your install looks well done

Which amp did you use? I put an Alpine PDX-V9 in mine to power everything and it made a world of difference!

Good luck with the handsfree! I thought that was going to be useful until I actually tried to use it and no one could hear me over all the other noise.
I'm running the PDR-V75 amp. I was originally going to run the pdx-v9, but the stereo shop told me that it was an older amp and I didn't need all of that power. It would have been overkill. The pdr-v75 amp would be plenty to power my system and he was right. As for the hands free, it does work, but I need to tops on or be stopped at a light or else the road noise creates problems.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:08 PM
asianlimodriver
Racer

Originally Posted by qwank
very nice setup. I'd like to see better pictures of your box though
I'll see what I can do as far as getting better pics of the box. The box is wedged in pretty tight so taking it out is a real pain. Basically, there are two separate boxes on the sides that house the 6x9's. The amp is mounted on the bottom base as seen in the pic. As for the insertion of the subwoofer box, it is mounted above the amp leaving some clearance between the bottom of the subwoofer box and the amp. I tried showing in the second pic how the subwoofer box is set on top.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:12 PM
asianlimodriver
Racer

Originally Posted by fleming23
Very true, and one of those which would you rather have decisions. My box doesn't eat much nearly as much space as the OP and in a jam I was able to get my tops in the back if I didn't recline the seats all the way. Wasn't really comfortable but did work. Now that I have a harness bar, that is out of the questions anyway.

I am surprised in the subwoofer choice. As large as that box appears, I would have expected a W6 or something but not a slim woofer. I know a W6 is pretty deep so maybe it wouldn't' fit?
The slim woofer was the only choice to make this configuration work. We wanted enough air space between the amp and the woofer box. A conventional subwoofer would require a much bigger box which would not fit. Besides, this JL Audio subwoofer makes plenty of bass.

Get notified of new replies

To New sound system

Quick Reply: New sound system