Sponsored by:

1977 drivers side rear window weatherstrip ...help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 09:56 AM
jzcracker
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1977 drivers side rear window weatherstrip ...help

There is a riveted metal strip on the body below the old weather stripping I removed. The new weather stripping piece I bought does not have that metal strip nor will it fit well with the existing metal strip in place. Is it best to remove the two rIveta holding the existing metal strip or trim the new weather stripping piece I got so that it fits with the existing metal strip in place? Thanks
Old 08-16-2015, 11:38 AM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by jzcracker
There is a riveted metal strip on the body below the old weather stripping I removed. The new weather stripping piece I bought does not have that metal strip nor will it fit well with the existing metal strip in place. Is it best to remove the two rIveta holding the existing metal strip or trim the new weather stripping piece I got so that it fits with the existing metal strip in place? Thanks
No! You shouldn't have to trim or remove anything to get this weatherstrip installed.

I'm not sure what brand weatherstripping you purchased but we never have an issue installing the CRC brand in our shop. The edges of the door glass rear weatherstrip tuck into the channel just fine.

You shouldn't have to remove the retainer to get this part installed.
Are you sure they sent you the correct weatherstrip? Can you post a picture of it here? I've posted a picture of the correct 1970-1977 door glass rear weatherstrips below.

Willcox

Old 08-16-2015, 01:54 PM
jzcracker
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the part from Eckers and it looks the same. Fits well vertically but too wide between the metal strip side and the body (right side)

Get notified of new replies

To 1977 drivers side rear window weatherstrip ...help

Quick Reply: 1977 drivers side rear window weatherstrip ...help