Sponsored by:

Measurement Help Please...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Measurement Help Please...

I'm looking for the measurement of the depth of the bolt holes on an early passenger side exhaust manifold. I have a 68 coupe 327 and am running headers. I will be putting the factory A/C back on and need to fab up a side bracket. I would just like to know the measurement of the passenger side front and 3rd hole back thickness of the rams horn manifold. The area that the bolts go through. So it would be from the bolt head area to the back that mates against the head. Thanks in advance for the help! Jason
Old 09-02-2015, 04:53 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,814 Likes on 1,604 Posts

This bracket wont work for you?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-20110/overview/
Old 09-02-2015, 06:19 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I have many cast iron manifold and can get that to you tomorrow.

I have done what you are doing and ......for what it is worth......and NOT telling you how to do it. What I did was carefully measure the thickness of the header and then obviously use a some thick wall tube and cut it so when the header was installed along with the thick walled tube. I got it to the measurement of what the factory had. This also allowed me to use the correct factory stud bolt in the FRONT manifold hole and the really long one with the cast A/C bracket for the 3rd hole back.

Will get back to you tomorrow unless someone measures it and lets you know.

DUB
Old 09-03-2015, 12:45 AM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

It may or may not? I saw these on line before I started this thread. Thank you for bringing it up though. My only hesitation in ordering it is that, while I have read it's application, I haven't found any specifics as to where it mounts. Only reference I found was on some chevy forum and they guy was talking about it and said it worked fine, but the deal breaker for me was he said it mounted on the intake manifold. And I couldn't find any pictures of one in use. If I had a way to confirm where it mounted, I'd most likely use it. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by MelWff
Old 09-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks DUB. This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have the thick walled tubing, just need the measurement so I can make my cuts (minus the thickness of my flange of course). I'd appreciate it if you get the measurements for me when you have time. Thanks again, Jason

Originally Posted by DUB
I have many cast iron manifold and can get that to you tomorrow.

I have done what you are doing and ......for what it is worth......and NOT telling you how to do it. What I did was carefully measure the thickness of the header and then obviously use a some thick wall tube and cut it so when the header was installed along with the thick walled tube. I got it to the measurement of what the factory had. This also allowed me to use the correct factory stud bolt in the FRONT manifold hole and the really long one with the cast A/C bracket for the 3rd hole back.

Will get back to you tomorrow unless someone measures it and lets you know.

DUB
Old 09-04-2015, 08:24 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I measured out several cast iron small block exhaust manifolds.

The OUTER mounting points are 1.5" thick
The CENTER is 2.25" .

DUB
Old 09-05-2015, 01:34 AM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks DUB!

Get notified of new replies

To Measurement Help Please...

Quick Reply: Measurement Help Please...