Sponsored by:

1975 radiator core and droopy fender

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Billsc3
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1975 radiator core and droopy fender

The fender doesn't line up with core support holes. The fender has drooped. Wheres the best place to lift on the fender so I can get the bolt holes to line up. I have a new core support bolts and spacers. The car only sat about a month and half with out the radiator core now its of by a half inch.

Last edited by Billsc3; 02-20-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:05 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

If my memory serves me correctly....there are TWO brackets that secure the radiator support to the front impact bar at the bottom. If they are removed...you can install the radiator support and get it bolted in place...and USE the radiator support to raise up the front clip so you can install those two 90 degree brackets.

DUB
Old 02-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Billsc3
...The fender doesn't line up with core support holes. The fender has drooped...
Fender or fender skirt? The core bolts to the fender skirt on each side. If you need to raise a skirt, jack gently under the lower front of the skirt. Easy does it. It should not need to raise very much.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:01 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Fender or fender skirt? The core bolts to the fender skirt on each side. If you need to raise a skirt, jack gently under the lower front of the skirt. Easy does it. It should not need to raise very much.

100%. A different way of getting this...but my thoughts were this... is that if this area dropped...then I am wondering why the bolt and riveted reinforcement behind the front edge of the fender where the bumper cover attaches did not hold and is attached to the impact bar area....unless there is something going on there....which is why I mentioned the route I wrote.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To 1975 radiator core and droopy fender

Quick Reply: 1975 radiator core and droopy fender