Sponsored by:

Does anyone know anybody at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego, CA

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:03 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Default Does anyone know anybody at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego, CA

I have a 69 that was bought new from them.

I am hoping they might still have a dealer file of some sort with info on my car. Sometimes you can get lucky. I actually have a good amount of info and documentation but there are some items that only the dealer has which would be nice to get my hands on. I have the original owners name, info and date of purchase so hopefully they will not be concerned with violating privacy.
I can try to call there cold, but it would be nice if somebody has a connection I can go to first.

If someone can help and I am able to turn something up I'll be happy to pay a consultation fee. No joke. I'll make it worth there while.

Please let me know,
Thank you,
Ed
Old 05-03-2016, 03:15 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,600 Posts

I wish you the best of luck, love the color of your car, but why would any business keep records going back 47 years.

Last edited by MelWff; 05-03-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:11 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by MelWff
I wish you the best of luck, love the color of your car, but why would any business keep records going back 47 years.
I wouldn't imaging any company actually keeping records that long but you just never know. There was a blue 69 coupe on eBay recently (a few months ago) that the dealership was still in business and he called them and they actually sent him paperwork on his car which included the invoice, shipper invoice with all the options listed with dealer prices for each option (a really great piece to have) and a letter from the owner of the dealership (it was family owned).

Chances are they were sent to a landfill long ago but I would be remiss if I didn't at least try.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone know anybody at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego, CA

Quick Reply: Does anyone know anybody at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego, CA