Sponsored by:

Pace Car going, going,......

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 08:28 AM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by KapsSA
Well, like I and probably most of you figured would happen, the buyer bailed on me. Stupid excuses.
Going through the cancellation process with ebay and then will offer it to the second buyer who did say he was interested. But figure he'll try to wheel and deal about it.
Otherwise wait til next year
Congratulations, it is a terrific looking car. I hope it works out to your satisfaction.

It is also good to see that after more than 35 years, these cars are finally reaching some of the numbers that they changed hands for within the first couple of years back in the late 70's and very early 80's. As others have mentioned, the cost of bringing any normally driven Corvette, even a Pace Car of this vintage to the level of your car is at least twice the selling price it has reached.

After personally seeing them reach into the mid to high 30K range back in the day, a friend in 1981 bought one off the showroom floor of a dealer in Norfolk VA, still in the "plastic" for just over the sticker price of $15,000. The dealer put a new battery in it and included a full warranty on the car. Even then it was a lot of Corvette for the money.

Again congratulations... GUSTO
Old 05-29-2016, 08:29 AM
rizZO-6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by KapsSA
Well, like I and probably most of you figured would happen, the buyer bailed on me. Stupid excuses.
Going through the cancellation process with ebay and then will offer it to the second buyer who did say he was interested. But figure he'll try to wheel and deal about it.
Otherwise wait til next year
Sorry to hear that Kap. I had been thinking about putting my SA on ebay but have been hesitant b/c of all the nonsense that goes on there. Good luck with the sale. Hopefully the second buyer comes through for you.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:54 AM
forman
Drifting

Received 284 Likes on 216 Posts

Sorry to hear that ... Champagne taste with a beer pocketbook syndrome
Old 06-11-2016, 01:22 PM
KapsSA
Safety Car

Received 170 Likes on 137 Posts

Well, almost ready to say GONE.
Got a deposit on it, sold for an agreeable amount for me(one can only dream about the exorbitant prices some go for), and it's going to a museum!
Will post a link to the museum when everything is final. It's an all makes museum in Birmingham Alabama. Guy's got some cool stuff.

I'm starting to have some seller's remorse

Will be keeping both my 79s and my KapsSA name!
Old 06-13-2016, 12:32 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Quick Reply: Pace Car going, going,......