C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ho makes a aftermarket steering wheel adapter for tilt tele??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 04:32 PM
blunblk68
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default ho makes a aftermarket steering wheel adapter for tilt tele??

i have a 74 with tilt telescopic column does anyone make or know of an adapter to mount an after market 6 hole (NRG) steering wheel to it???
Old 05-26-2016, 05:00 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by blunblk68
i have a 74 with tilt telescopic column does anyone make or know of an adapter to mount an after market 6 hole (NRG) steering wheel to it???
My 69 has a bad hazard switch, the **** is not there, loose parts inside and in my typical over doing it way I bought a very nice very cheap 82 ce column to put in thecar, but lack of any pictures of people doing this mod, you has to cut the later column sleeve had me leave that on the back burner.

I have the adaptor on that 82 ce column I cant recall who makes it possible older grant product, scored it on ebay nos type thing it's the multi hole type not the old generic 3 hole, but the reason I chimed in is while it does work it's heavy bulky and sort of ugly, the tele level or the hole on the adaptor will have to be modded a little to even fit right,
I can go snap some pics if you desire,

I recall way back on tele adaptors when you would use the tele feature some of the adaptors would let you see into the end of the column if I said that correctly, real 1/2 *** looking this one I have isn't "that" bad.

Hopefully someone will chime in that their is a better looking more modern one than I have.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:38 AM
d555
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blunblk68
I run the NRG wheel on a NRG 1in. quick disconnect. But I have a Flaming river Tilt/Tele. Though pretty much the same. A little bit of fitting and finessing to get it to work.

Dave
Old 05-27-2016, 08:20 AM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts

I have this installed in my 74, no issues at all with installation.

http://www.grantproducts.com/products/view/76/

Get notified of new replies

To ho makes a aftermarket steering wheel adapter for tilt tele??

Quick Reply: ho makes a aftermarket steering wheel adapter for tilt tele??