Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats keeping you from enjoying your vette

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 07:29 AM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts

My kids cars, my wife's Honey do list and my stupid Power Steering control valve leaking AGAIN.

Time for Steeroids.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:43 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgto
Whats keeping you from enjoying your vette

That seems to be my problem as well!
what that gto you pulled the vette engine?
Old 05-28-2016, 09:05 AM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

When you buy an old house there is always something going on. And it is always a domino affect. My house was only 50 years old when I bought it. But the previous owners did not do any upkeep. I ripped the whole inside out, one room at a time. Now I am starting to redo some of the stuff I have done. Like the kitchen I put in 12 years ago seem outdated, so that will be getting a refresh, the main bathroom is the same. So 12 years later my 67 GTO pro street project is still not done and I get to use the vette every once in a while. I have found you have to make time. When I am off from work and doing work around the house. I keep it like a workday. I start at 8 and finish at 5. 1hour lunch and 2 coffee breaks.That way you have some free time.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:26 PM
jim in oregon
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 104 Posts

hmm..aside from depression going back to my senior trip late 60s..they call it ptsd these days..
I have about every single task around home done..
Got my '78 SA completed early feb this year..Planned to take my wife to the coast for her b-day and drive the vette.

Wife noticed my face was droopy left side so took me to the Doc..They did a cat scan among other tests..Good news, no stroke..possibly Bell's palsy..
No other blood or health issues.
Sent me home..Called us back in the next AM.... cat scan showed an egg sized glioblastoma multiforme brain tumor on right frontal lobe..Surgery done the next day..These tumors grow rapidly and kill quickly..
Anyhow, after 1st round of radiation-chemo for 7 weeks..3 months later I'm kind of weak & wobbly but getting around OK...Worst part aside from having zero energy is I have very little interest nor enthusiasm in much of anything..Hoping that improves..with time.
More chemo upcoming for who knows how long..

So no matter what the small crises are in your lives, stop & smell the roses and enjoy each day with folks and things you like..Even a short trip with the wind passing and the sound of a good running motor are a pleasant break..Jim
The following users liked this post:
RobWilson (05-30-2016)
Old 05-28-2016, 12:41 PM
DN5014
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am puling for you!!!!
jim in oregon (05-28-2016)
Old 05-28-2016, 12:55 PM
COOLTED
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Rain almost every day in Southeast Nebraska.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:25 PM
jim in oregon
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 104 Posts

Nebraska....
We get our fair share of rain here in wet- stern ORYgun..IF ya wait for guaranteed blue sky..ya might wait a while..this time of year..;0..so rain or shine we get out and do something fun or worthwhile..
Philosophically speaking:
Each day is a Gift..which is why some consider the here & now the Present..

Be thankful that you have friends, family, maybe a dog....And small projects to apply your heart, mind, hands & energy, planning and skills to..I couldn't raise my left arm or use my hand for a couple of months..That was frustrating for an old farm boy who has done many things with his hands well over many years..Left hand is still stoopid and clumsy..but I'm making the effort to get it retrained..prayers are welcome..
I'm not giving up..I waxed the Corvette yesterday..Only took me a couple of hours..Thankful to be able to dress myself and get even small tasks done..Our Lord Jesus Christ is faithful..I lean on Him these days for even small things I once did without having to think about them..Jim
Old 05-28-2016, 07:54 PM
Mod75
Le Mans Master

Received 570 Likes on 286 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Rescue Rogers, what product did you use in picture # 3 to level the floor out? I assume it was a pour-able type. I have a back porch that needs some attention.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:03 PM
4gear
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished rebuilding motor, trans., front suspension, steering. Cam break in went well, trans. hard to get in gear. Adjusted clutch to end of adjustment, will now go in gear but engages @ bottom of pedal. Googled it and apparently this is a fairly common issue. I used a ram 11 inch clutch, ground the flywheel with a new fork from corvette central. Bought the car in Nov. 2014, drove it 47 miles & spun #5 rod bearing. Possible remedies would either be adjustable pivot ball in bellhousing or a longer pushrod. I just don't have it in me to pull everything back apart again so I've looked into a recommendation of the longer Mr. Gasket linkage pushrod. NOBODY has it. Anybody know where I might find one? It's a 69 coupe 350 L46, M-21 with 3:70s. Any help appreciated!
Old 05-28-2016, 09:06 PM
wendellp601
Safety Car

Received 188 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by jim in oregon
Nebraska....
We get our fair share of rain here in wet- stern ORYgun..IF ya wait for guaranteed blue sky..ya might wait a while..this time of year..;0..so rain or shine we get out and do something fun or worthwhile..
Philosophically speaking:
Each day is a Gift..which is why some consider the here & now the Present..

Be thankful that you have friends, family, maybe a dog....And small projects to apply your heart, mind, hands & energy, planning and skills to..I couldn't raise my left arm or use my hand for a couple of months..That was frustrating for an old farm boy who has done many things with his hands well over many years..Left hand is still stoopid and clumsy..but I'm making the effort to get it retrained..prayers are welcome..
I'm not giving up..I waxed the Corvette yesterday..Only took me a couple of hours..Thankful to be able to dress myself and get even small tasks done..Our Lord Jesus Christ is faithful..I lean on Him these days for even small things I once did without having to think about them..Jim
Get well, Jim.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:27 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,176 Likes on 2,737 Posts

Rescue Rogers.......................

I just put in a request to the Moderators for THIS THREAD to be merged in with your other thread that has the same title.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:16 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,291 Likes on 3,919 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Hey Jim, I'm praying for you. Seems I'm at an age that my family is starting to have health issues and I talk to God alot. You'll bein the conversation.
jim in oregon (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 07:22 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Mod75
Rescue Rogers, what product did you use in picture # 3 to level the floor out? I assume it was a pour-able type. I have a back porch that needs some attention.
The floor sag was brought back up to an inch. We used plywood to get the deep parts level then used self leveling cement made by Mapei to fill the gaps. Its good from 1/8" to 1 inch. $26 for a 50# bag. You can get it in the tile isleat the lowes/home depots. Following the directions for mixing in a five gallon bucket works good. You have to work quickly as it thickens fast. Use a long board to help get it level as it will mound

Last edited by Rescue Rogers; 05-29-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:24 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by doorgunner
Rescue Rogers.......................

I just put in a request to the Moderators for THIS THREAD to be merged in with your other thread that has the same title.

Thanks Dg. I don't want to loose any of thesecomments. Some good stories here
Old 05-29-2016, 08:02 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Health..mainly sheer pain
Been in a wheelchair for a yr problems getting worse noone wants to operate. Havent fired it up in a year.

Noones in a hurry to do thoracic surgery at this point
Old 05-29-2016, 11:53 PM
73 Rat
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm extremely thankful that my issues are almost nonexistent compared to previous posts, - but I could kick myself in the @$$ for letting my friggin' insurance lapse, & not having the money to reinstate it in time for the Memorial Day Car Show here.........

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SERVICE MEN & WOMEN PAST & PRESENT!!
Old 05-30-2016, 12:26 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,176 Likes on 2,737 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers
Thanks Dg. I don't want to loose any of thesecomments. Some good stories here

It's amazing/inspiring to me.......the things that go on "behind the scenes" with the build threads and the members involved with their cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Whats keeping you from enjoying your vette

Old 05-30-2016, 07:21 AM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
what that gto you pulled the vette engine?
It was pulled when we first stripped the car for rebuild...... just now getting the engine rebuilt. Trans will be next, then we can drop it back in.
Originally Posted by doorgunner

It's amazing/inspiring to me.......the things that go on "behind the scenes" with the build threads and the members involved with their cars.
You do realize that YOU are an inspiration to many others as well, right?
Old 05-30-2016, 08:55 AM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

RAIN! the whole damn month of May has been like an entire season of rain in one month.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:45 AM
64luke
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jim in oregon
hmm..aside from depression going back to my senior trip late 60s..they call it ptsd these days..
I have about every single task around home done..
Got my '78 SA completed early feb this year..Planned to take my wife to the coast for her b-day and drive the vette.

Wife noticed my face was droopy left side so took me to the Doc..They did a cat scan among other tests..Good news, no stroke..possibly Bell's palsy..
No other blood or health issues.
Sent me home..Called us back in the next AM.... cat scan showed an egg sized glioblastoma multiforme brain tumor on right frontal lobe..Surgery done the next day..These tumors grow rapidly and kill quickly..
Anyhow, after 1st round of radiation-chemo for 7 weeks..3 months later I'm kind of weak & wobbly but getting around OK...Worst part aside from having zero energy is I have very little interest nor enthusiasm in much of anything..Hoping that improves..with time.
More chemo upcoming for who knows how long..

So no matter what the small crises are in your lives, stop & smell the roses and enjoy each day with folks and things you like..Even a short trip with the wind passing and the sound of a good running motor are a pleasant break..Jim
Good luck brother.

Quick Reply: Whats keeping you from enjoying your vette