Sponsored by:

TachFilter connectors for a 79

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 03:23 AM
AB_in_AUS
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Default TachFilter connectors for a 79

The PO had removed the tach filter. I've sourced a filter and just need the right plastic connector casings.. any suggestions on when I could get them?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2016, 11:23 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Finding the correct connectors/housings may be tough. You can find similar connectors advertised on eBay, but some of them are NOT exact replacements. It may be easier to install readily available electrical connectors.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:10 PM
mark79,80
Melting Slicks

Received 181 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by AB_in_AUS
The PO had removed the tach filter. I've sourced a filter and just need the right plastic connector casings.. any suggestions on when I could get them?

Thanks
The connector for the tachometer terminal on the distributor is available from many suppliers such as Summit Racing. It has a pigtail lead which can be spliced to the tach filter lead. Not sure about the lead to the tachometer from the filter.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
Finding the correct connectors/housings may be tough. You can find similar connectors advertised on eBay, but some of them are NOT exact replacements. It may be easier to install readily available electrical connectors.
Agreed.

As others have said, I went through this search a few months ago and the consensus is while you can find the male parts of the tach connections, the female/shrouds are not reproduced and need to be scrounged for.

I'm pondering going with weatherpack or some other off the shelf for my setup. Once you have weatherpack tools, they're very easy to work with and make for good, reliable connections.

Get notified of new replies

To TachFilter connectors for a 79

Quick Reply: TachFilter connectors for a 79