When I tell them it's a 79.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 07:27 PM
midigike
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Here is a original paint yellow 13,000 mile 79' that was really well kept, super clean inside and out
Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 790
Size:  3.57 MB

Last edited by midigike; 08-22-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:12 PM
blk79nj
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

As long as you like your car, it doesn't matter what others think. I also field the same questions about my 79.

I like mine because I was in HS at the time it was made, so in my mind this is what Corvettes look like. That's the only explanation I give when confronted with "what year" question.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:25 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Sounds like she was relating her like for the car not picking it apart
Maybe she was hitting on you and you didnt even realize it.

x2 on only people that would criticize mine were the Vette crowd, ie wanna be ncrs judges. Dont tell me whats "correct", maybe some of us put our pants on 2 legs at a time.
A broken hip can heal still got a 2nd one lol.

What gets me is all the year and gen bashing this is the only car forum Ive seen that does that, name a gen section youll see it. They are the SAME CAR SAME BRAND so if the car is so bad thenbuncha weirdos lol

I have seen the year and gen bashing you speak of and in a way been guilty of it myself depending on point of view, I have posted many times that I didn't like my 86 and 84-96 corvettes do nothing for me, and I do know all the ways that they are different and "better" than the 68-82's

to some owners of those cars my remark is bashing but I didn't say it with malice does that make it any better? no, does that mean we shouldn't post our opinions no, but we need tact.

However, I also see people post remarks with malice and for the propose of critiquing and belittling, I normally can tell the difference in a remark.
You say my 69 is not your cup o tea and you wouldn't do that to your corvette I respect that, you say my 69 is the biggest ruined POS you ever had the misfortune to see well, no gray area there how you feel and with your opinion it's not hard to also see the malice behind it.

Another problem we have with the 68-82's is while basically the same car they changed a hell of a lot during the shark body run, so I fully understand and respect why a person who thinks the 68-72's are the most stunning car ever or the cat who thinks the same way about 80-82's feel the way they do.

I also will not like a car design just because it shares a name, my wife really shined a light on this one for me,
During the run of corvettes they have redesigned them several times to the point they are no longer the model that came before it, my wife asked why keep calling them Corvettes, why not change the name, and my answer is nothing more than marketing,

Out at shows there are people who will belittle they just can't help it, perhaps they think it makes them better to make someone feel badly, we just have to have our thick skin on, for me I just try so hard not to say ( or post ) anything I wouldn't want said to me, here's how a fellow I respect said it to me,
paraphrased,

"when you are ready to say something think, will this **** anyone off"

( most of us if the answer is yes or maybe we will not post the remark )
Old 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
desue
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I love my 79! It's my first Vette and it has sentimental value. I wish I had a chrome bumper too. As long as we're wishing, I want a 63 SWC
Keep in mind that a lot of people are clueless about these cars. How many times has someone called it a Stingray? At a show, I overheard one guy going on and on about his new C7, then turned around and called an early C3 a C2.

Quick Reply: When I tell them it's a 79.......