Sponsored by:

help me find info on my 79

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:23 AM
cody capps
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help me find info on my 79

I'm a 17 year old young man, the 79 in question was one my grandpa bought. it was passed down from him, my dad, then me. the 79 was left at my parent's friend's house and the guy moved and my car was stolen. I would love some help on more info on my 79 if you can help me please do I would very much appreciate it. to know if i'm not BS'ing you it had T Tops, red interior, dark teal paint, base L48, auto trans, it had new fenders or the stingray badge was put on it. from what I remember the hood was the stock and as a kid I saw the peeling clear coat and I would go to it and peel it from the car. I remember the chrome cleaner on the L48, I remember hitting the altha backroads with the T Tops down and getting dirt in my eyes. the last time it was registered was in 05. the registration ran out 12/31/05. I would love it if anyone else can give me any info on the car. Thank you for reading my post and god bless!
INFO
1979 vette base
VIN: 1Z8789S434069
state of registration:FL
Old 08-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Have you tried a title search in Florida? The DMV may not be able to release owner personal information, but may be able to tell you whether the car is still registered in Florida. Have you checked with law enforcement to determine whether the car may have been recovered after it was stolen?

Last edited by Easy Mike; 08-23-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:03 AM
cody capps
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Have you tried a title search in Florida? The DMV may not be able to release owner personal information, but may be able to tell you whether the car is still registered in Florida. Have you checked with law enforcement to determine whether the car may have been recovered after it was stolen?
I will check though, the thing was my parents seem to think that that friend sold it to get the money out of it. if I ask around the guy will probably go to jail. honestly you pay for the stuff you do. I really don't have pity for anyone anymore except for our vets.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Was a police report filed at the time of the "theft"? Was an insurance claim filed?

Get notified of new replies

To help me find info on my 79

Quick Reply: help me find info on my 79