Sponsored by:

Creases in new seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 06:15 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by rgwoehr
Those clips were already installed in the seat covers along with the wires, so I figured they were already in the correct spots. Some didn't line up with the holes in the foam and I had to poke new holes, but I can't remember if that was in the seat bottom or the seat back.
YEP....this may be your problem.

I still have the set of original seat covers from the 1972 I recently did and I can take some measurements and photos for you if you like.

The new foams...or at least the ones the previous customer supplied to me were wrong. I had to put new holes in the foams....both backs and bottoms.

DUB
Old 10-01-2016, 07:01 PM
rgwoehr
Burning Brakes

Received 604 Likes on 295 Posts

I got the other seat that was still assembled and took it apart, so I could measure that if I need to. It looked like the clips closest to that area on the new foam are positioned further back than the original stuff, and I would think having that closer to the front of the seat would make this problem worse.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:00 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

The 'stringers' which run from wavy wire to seatcovers are of various lengths; the longest are toward the front of the seat and they graduate to shorter lengths toward the rear of the seat. Those must be installed correctly. The instructions which came with the covers (I am assuming that the covers included GOOD instructions ) should clearly show the detail of how the covers get assembled.

Last edited by 7T1vette; 10-01-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Creases in new seat covers