Plug for Wilcox

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Plug for Wilcox

Today I wanted to order the back plate for the t-tops on out 79. I was hoping to have this project done for this weekend as I wanted to attend Vet for Vets event on Sunday. being in Mass Zip gets products to me in 2 days. Wilcox usually takes longer, not a big deal. So I went to Zip first and found only the left was available with the right side being on back order. So I called Zip, the gentleman who answered the phone couldn't help me without a part number, ok, I was on the road so when I got back to my office I looked it up. I called Zip again, spoke to a real nice guy who informed me he did not in fact have the right side in stock and didn't know when he would.

So I went to the Wilcox website, found the right side but didn't see the listing for the left. So I called them. Not only did he look it up for me but asked me to hold he was going to make a phone call and find a solution for me. When he returned I was informed the right side is in fact on backorder nation wide. BUT I could use the same part from 78 model year. only difference was they are chrome instead of black. Perfect because the ones on our car are chrome anyway. Only glitch was he didn't have them in stock but could have them in in about 2 days. Then they could ship them out to me, putting them in my hands late next week. Just for ***** and giggles I went back to the Zip site and they did have the 78 chrome ones in stock, I could've had them by Thursday.........but why didn't they tell me I could use the 78's?

Sometimes there is a value in customer service that gets over looked. So I ordered them from Wilcox and decided to wait. They went above and beyond what they had to for such a little order. I run a small business and I fully appreciate when people decide to shop at my place.

Don't get me wrong this is not a bash on Zip, I've had many great experiences from both. But this deserved a mention.
The following users liked this post:
Primoz (09-20-2016)
Old 09-20-2016, 11:01 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Awesome Tooonz.. I'm glad my guys helped you.

Thank you for the plug. But, I don't want you to miss your show... Zip is a great company and I love them. If they have them go for it, I have 10 sets on the way but I don't want to goof you up for your show...

On another note.. I summer in long sands York Beach (Me) in late June and early July, maybe next year we can kill a lobster or two at "off the boat lobsters" in York Harbor.

I also make it a point to drift down to Bean town to have a dinner at Al Dente's or a Red Brick at the original Cheers every year... You can't beat the Boston Farmers Market or not miss the greasy pole competition in Gloucester.

Ernie
Old 09-21-2016, 08:41 AM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
Awesome Tooonz.. I'm glad my guys helped you.

Thank you for the plug. But, I don't want you to miss your show... Zip is a great company and I love them. If they have them go for it, I have 10 sets on the way but I don't want to goof you up for your show...

On another note.. I summer in long sands York Beach (Me) in late June and early July, maybe next year we can kill a lobster or two at "off the boat lobsters" in York Harbor.

I also make it a point to drift down to Bean town to have a dinner at Al Dente's or a Red Brick at the original Cheers every year... You can't beat the Boston Farmers Market or not miss the greasy pole competition in Gloucester.

Ernie
Ernie,

I'll still make the show, maybe with tops maybe without Weather is looking good. I love Zip as well, never had an issue. But I don't like taking advice or info from one vendor and using to purchase from another. The info and help you provide to this forum doesn't go un noticed. You share the passion we all do for these cars. Did I say passion? sometimes I think it's an illness Anyway, feel free to drop a line anytime you visit New England I'd be more than happy to kill a few Lobsters, we were just out at Faneuil Hall just last week. I know a $50 order is a drop in the bucket, but as a business man, I've received huge contracts because I treated someone right on a small order.

Keep up the good work

Bob

Last edited by Tooonz; 09-21-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:45 AM
Ben N
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree, Willcox goes above and beyond the call of duty!

Way to go fellas!!!

Ben N
Old 09-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Sacred Steel
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not impressed. Ordered a part on the 13th and not here yet. no email order confirmation, no tracking #, nothing. Someone will ask "well, did you contact them?" Shouldn't have to, but today I broke down and emailed them because I'm waiting on this part so I can proceed. I spent thousands of $ with Corvette America and always receive my parts within two days and never once did I have to contact them to find out where my parts were. This part will probably come in a Corvette America box anyway. Ill stick with the big boys.
Let the flaming begin.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:30 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sacred Steel
I'm not impressed. Ordered a part on the 13th and not here yet. no email order confirmation, no tracking #, nothing. Someone will ask "well, did you contact them?" Shouldn't have to, but today I broke down and emailed them because I'm waiting on this part so I can proceed. I spent thousands of $ with Corvette America and always receive my parts within two days and never once did I have to contact them to find out where my parts were. This part will probably come in a Corvette America box anyway. Ill stick with the big boys.
Let the flaming begin.
Steel... email me direct and let me see what is going on.. Service@Willcoxcorvette.com

Note: I just checked the order and the heater control rebuild kit which was made by CC is no longer available. I guess they decided that the entire unit was the way to go and not the rebuild kit. From what I understand all the rebuild units are going to be discontinued as they run out of stock. The only thing you can do now is to go with the complete unit now. https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...onditioning-76

I'm not sure why the site let you order this part, it's marked as discontinued and shouldn't have.
I'm not sure why no one contacted you either but I'll ask about this tomorrow morning.

If you want this email me at the link above and I'll get you a great price on the entire unit and get it going for you. If you don't to go with the entire unit then again, just message me and I'll make sure a the order is cancelled and a credit is issued tomorrow.

Ernie

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 09-21-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:38 AM
Sacred Steel
Racer

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
Steel... email me direct and let me see what is going on.. Service@Willcoxcorvette.com

Note: I just checked the order and the heater control rebuild kit which was made by CC is no longer available. I guess they decided that the entire unit was the way to go and not the rebuild kit. From what I understand all the rebuild units are going to be discontinued as they run out of stock. The only thing you can do now is to go with the complete unit now. https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...onditioning-76

I'm not sure why the site let you order this part, it's marked as discontinued and shouldn't have.
I'm not sure why no one contacted you either but I'll ask about this tomorrow morning.

If you want this email me at the link above and I'll get you a great price on the entire unit and get it going for you. If you don't to go with the entire unit then again, just message me and I'll make sure a the order is cancelled and a credit is issued tomorrow.

Ernie

thank you, email sent
Old 09-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ironically I just got my order ship confirmation for my t-top parts. Running a business is never easy and even with the best policies in place, things fall through the cracks on occasion. It's how they are handled when they do that tells the true story.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Sacred Steel
Racer

Originally Posted by Tooonz
Ironically I just got my order ship confirmation for my t-top parts. Running a business is never easy and even with the best policies in place, things fall through the cracks on occasion. It's how they are handled when they do that tells the true story.
You're right and I am making a public apology to Mr. Willcox. He contacted me and we cleared everything up. Yesterday was one of those days where nothing was going right and when the mail man came and went with no heater/ac control part I overreacted.
$hit happens and I understand that. Sorry about that Mr. Willcox.

Last edited by Sacred Steel; 09-22-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:38 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sacred Steel
You're right and I am making a public apology to Mr. Willcox. He contacted me and we cleared everything up. Yesterday was one of those days where nothing was going right and when the mail man came and went with no heater/ac control part I overreacted.
$hit happens and I understand that. Sorry about that Mr. Willcox.
No worries.. its fixed and I'm glad.

Ernie
Old 09-24-2016, 09:27 PM
lvmyvt76
Melting Slicks

Received 121 Likes on 118 Posts

should we tell him that there is no Mr. Willcox??? only Ernie and Tom?? (also no real Santa Claus!)

Last edited by lvmyvt76; 09-24-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Ben N
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi Ernie & Tommy,
I'm working-up a large order, and have one of the rebuild kit for my '69 NO A/C in my cart.
Is this particular kit still available, or will I need to whole unit???

Thanks Again,
Ben N
Old 09-26-2016, 11:59 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Ben.. I'd try it.. If there is stock left we'll let you know. If there isn't any I'm sure we'll let you know now that we know there is an issue. As of tonight, both show being available.

Get notified of new replies

To Plug for Wilcox

Quick Reply: Plug for Wilcox