Sponsored by:

Vette Brakes and Products Inc

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:49 AM
daves99vert
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vette Brakes and Products Inc

Any forum discount at Vette Brake and Products, I need to buy set of calipers. Thx
Old 01-15-2017, 10:37 AM
rberman999
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Easiest way to find out is to call them during business hours and ask. I've had vendors ask me my user name and once they verify I'm a member of the forum they provide instructions on how to obtain the discount. I believe I've done this with VB&P but can't absolutely swear it. Almost all will extend 10% just for asking. Good luck, Russ
Old 01-15-2017, 05:23 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Over the 22 years I have had my '72, VBP has been the prime supply house for my parts purchases....so nothing against them....

But most of the purchases have been toward performance mods in suspension.....

on the brakes, I can't remember who I got the O ring pistons/conversion kits from.....nearly 20 years ago.....SO, I recommend you take the calipers down to check if they are Stainless Lined on the piston bores, IF so, you are good to go, just need a conversion/replacement kit of pistons/seals/etc the old OEM calipers are cast iron, and weight more than the law allows.... but they rusted on the bores with that stupid DOT3-4 fluid.....which is why I run DOT5 what will not absorb water.....

so maybe take at least one caliper apart and prove with over 90% probability that it already is SS lined, then go from there.....

the SS lined units run with O ring pistons or the old style lip seals....which tend to leak like krazy.....

the number ONE PIA on my car in this 22 years now, has been the FRONT brakes, never the rears....same ****, go figger.....

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Brakes and Products Inc

Quick Reply: Vette Brakes and Products Inc