Sponsored by:

Starting Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:04 PM
themikeryu
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starting Problem.

Ive got a 1979 corvette and the dash was cracked so I bought a new dash that is a oem. I pulled the old dash off fairly easily. Now trying to put the new one on and its a whole different story. Ive got the dash on but connecting everything back in its right spot is very hard and I cant seem to do it. Now im trying to take it to a interior place but when I attempted to start it today my car just wont turn over. Sense Ive had it you would always need to hold the gas down when trying to start it but would fire up quick. After taking the dash off it will just start turn over? I have not had this care for very long so as soon as I got the inside fixed I was taking it to a mechanic but it will not start any ideas? I charged the battery and connected all the hoses but nothing. Any and all advice given would be highly appreciated
-Thanks Mike
Old 01-15-2017, 09:12 PM
mpro71vette
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it turning over or clicking? Maybe you blew a fuse but it could be many things?

See my thread on some good info for the interior.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-with-it.html

Last edited by mpro71vette; 01-15-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:52 PM
tigertank
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol have the same thing cracked dash after reading all the comments about reinstalling a new one .... think im taking it to interior place lol
Old 01-17-2017, 05:57 PM
SwampeastMike
Melting Slicks

Received 427 Likes on 377 Posts

If you haven't already taken it somewhere be certain that both electrical connectors at the starter switch (on the right side of the steering column near the base) are fully connected.

Get notified of new replies

To Starting Problem.

Quick Reply: Starting Problem.