Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the group

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 AM
Lobzila
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Good looking car and welcome to the forum.
When I got my 68, someone down the line put the hooker header, side pipe combo on it. When I got it, that combo had seen better days. When I did my restoration, I had the collector replaced on one side, and both of them Jet Hot treated at my local powder coater to match my inner wheels. They will still burn your leg, but the cool down time is a lot quicker. But, there gonna be loud.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Tommy6905
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mortgageguy
By hand! Good lord son, you did some fine work there. As I was viewing your photos, I was thinking "this guy knows how to use a buffer".
I could've tried a buffer, but my thoughts were the buffer would be too much for the paint, and didn't want to risk further damage.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Tommy6905
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lobzila
Good looking car and welcome to the forum.
When I got my 68, someone down the line put the hooker header, side pipe combo on it. When I got it, that combo had seen better days. When I did my restoration, I had the collector replaced on one side, and both of them Jet Hot treated at my local powder coater to match my inner wheels. They will still burn your leg, but the cool down time is a lot quicker. But, there gonna be loud.
car looks sick, and much prefer the subtle aluminum look over chrome any day.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:50 AM
Tommy6905
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rvzio
NO, you still retain the tilt/telescopic option.
interesting, so what's all who blah about needing an adapter for another steering wheel to work properly
Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Tommy6905
Intermediate

Originally Posted by doorgunner
Welcome to the Forum.

The tail light/spoiler looks sharp!
ya somewhere along its life a few parts from an 80 got mated to this car, rear clip and 80 factory aluminum intake. The frame and birdcage are solid on this car, but when I say I bought it from bubba, his name was bubba from up in the deep woods from New Hampshire. And he bubbafied the hell out of it, not going into too much detail.... Edelbrock 1406 carb was sitting on top of the factory q jet manifold with a paper gasket, neither the primaries or secondaries opened, and that's just one of many

Last edited by Tommy6905; 02-23-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:37 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy6905
interesting, so what's all who blah about needing an adapter for another steering wheel to work properly
Hey Tommy, I figured there was no way GM would have made a one off steering column for 76 so I start to investigate how far down the column you needed to go to have the same column. Was no further then the top area. Now I did this a few years ago and from what I remember I needed a piece that matched the year wheel . So when I got the new wheel which may have been a 77 I also took the plastic ring adapter, spring and a few more small items. Total cost was $50. installed. I was a greasy torn wheel so I purchased a new one in the right color and replaced it. I was not as big a deal as I thought. New wheel was $200.
RVZIO
Old 02-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Tommy6905
Intermediate

Found the real first photo of me looking over the car just before buying and driving it 75 miles from New Hampshire back to boston

Quick Reply: New to the group