Sponsored by:

New carpet question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:04 PM
bagpipes
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New carpet question

I searched the threads but no such luck with my question. I just bought another C3 - a '77; and the interior is awful (to me anyway - it's so red that I need sunglasses to get in it)

I'm swapping out a bunch of stuff, color wise and I really want to go with a loop carpet instead of cut pile BUT, I need to know if anyone has any experience fitting a 76 and earlier carpet set into a 77 (is there any difference? I wouldn't think so)

I can find the loop style for a 77 but it doesn't have the option for the deluxe door panel. The 76 and earlier does. I know I could probably fit it after the fact but I'd prefer the door section to be from the same carpet "roll"

Cheers.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:21 PM
Tbone4432
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Carpet

Originally Posted by bagpipes
I searched the threads but no such luck with my question. I just bought another C3 - a '77; and the interior is awful (to me anyway - it's so red that I need sunglasses to get in it)

I'm swapping out a bunch of stuff, color wise and I really want to go with a loop carpet instead of cut pile BUT, I need to know if anyone has any experience fitting a 76 and earlier carpet set into a 77 (is there any difference? I wouldn't think so)

I can find the loop style for a 77 but it doesn't have the option for the deluxe door panel. The 76 and earlier does. I know I could probably fit it after the fact but I'd prefer the door section to be from the same carpet "roll"

Cheers.
Good question bagpipes. Were in the same boat. I questioned different vendors with regards to your question. It seems our we are stuck with cut pile. Of prefer loop cut roo. I'd be interested to hear others experiences. I've pretty much settled for the cut pile so I can keep my project going.

Quick Reply: New carpet question