Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted-Test(racing,Straight)pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:27 AM
frostbitten09
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted-Test(racing,Straight)pipe

I just need a straight pipe to replace my catilitic converter in my 78 vette, any ideas
Old 01-13-2006, 02:51 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 317 Likes on 268 Posts

I've seen them from time to time on EBay. I do, however, remember reading that either EBay will no longer allow the listing of these, or that CA people couldn't bid on them. I guess since there is no legitimate reason to have one, they are cracking down. Wouldn't be too hard to weld a pipe on at a muffler shop. It would mean that youd have to have it removed every time you had an inspection though.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:07 PM
uhvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure about your state, but here in TX if your car is 25yrs old such as your you don't have to meet any emission requirements (even if your registered in an emission county). Here, they wouldn't even take the time to check to see if you had them. They would check signals, horn, lights, take it around the block and slap a tag on it.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:29 PM
frostbitten09
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CA-Legal-Vette
I've seen them from time to time on EBay. I do, however, remember reading that either EBay will no longer allow the listing of these, or that CA people couldn't bid on them. I guess since there is no legitimate reason to have one, they are cracking down. Wouldn't be too hard to weld a pipe on at a muffler shop. It would mean that youd have to have it removed every time you had an inspection though.
Antique tags=No Emissions,No Inspection.
It has its pros and cons but No emissions means Sides pipes this summer, right now i want to get a straight pipe. So emissions is no problem i just cant find one i could do my self i prob will go to a local muffler shop and have them weld one in
Old 01-14-2006, 04:58 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

call me crazy but have you considered a muffler shop?? measure your converter and have them expand the ends of a piece of pipe.....just don`t tell them what you are doing.
...redvetracr

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted-Test(racing,Straight)pipe

Quick Reply: Wanted-Test(racing,Straight)pipe