Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Interior Rear View Mirror for '72

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:23 AM
1stC3Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB: Interior Rear View Mirror for '72

Looking for a good replacement mirror for my stock '72. I have the black mirror casing with the day/night swivel. I am looking for a new or like new mirror. The mirror measures 8" wide.

Thanks,
Dino
Old 01-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Chris Farrer
Burning Brakes

Is the frame okay just the glass need replacing? I bought a replacement mirror complete and it was not correct. Then just bought the glass from Paragon Reproductions and fitted it into the old frame.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:38 PM
1stC3Vette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris Farrer
Is the frame okay just the glass need replacing? I bought a replacement mirror complete and it was not correct. Then just bought the glass from Paragon Reproductions and fitted it into the old frame.
The frame is in real good shape. The glass shows some staining that I cannot get out. How did you remove the glass? It looks like I might tear it up taking it apart.

Thanks,
Dino
Old 01-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Chris Farrer
Burning Brakes

Hello Dino,
Just soaked it in hot water to make it pliable and it came off easy. Some other members might like to chime in with another way. The mirror on mine was also stained with the loss of the silver and all I should have done from the start was buy the mirror. You will be sorry if you buy a complete replacement which is about 80 bucks, they are NOT correct and any judge will pick it up. You have nothing to lose by trying to take out the mirror.
Regards,
Chris
Old 01-02-2007, 08:19 AM
1stC3Vette
Burning Brakes

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I was able to remove the mirror and will pick up the replacement glass. It looks like a local glass company will not be able to supply the glass. I will try Paragon and see what I can get.

Thanks,
Dino

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Interior Rear View Mirror for '72

Quick Reply: WTB: Interior Rear View Mirror for '72