Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Spare tire carrier hardware

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
1982CorvetteDude
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTB Spare tire carrier hardware

Just need the hardware, i misplaced mine

I actuallt need the two parts that mount to the batwing to accept the long bolts and the threaded bolt that holds the single "U" shaped piece up at the rear.

If you have the hardware laying around that you wouldn't mind parting with let me know what your shipped price to Arkansas 72472 is.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Star79
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may have this stuff, let me check when I get home from work. You'll like the price if I have it (free + shipping)
Old 04-06-2007, 03:18 PM
1982CorvetteDude
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Star79
I may have this stuff, let me check when I get home from work. You'll like the price if I have it (free + shipping)

Thanks so much!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Star79
Melting Slicks

Okay I have the two front bolts here with me, I may have the rear bolt if it's still attached to the frame I bought last year. I'll go visit my frame tomorrow (in storage across town) and take it off if it's there. PM me your address and I'll box em up for ya and figure out how much shipping will be (probably 10-15 bucks or so).

***edit*** Hmmm wait you said batwing attaching parts, I don't have those (all my stuff is 79 so no batwing stuff here). I have two front bolts, entire carrier (cracked) v-strap thingy, and maybe the rear bolt with the lock on it.

Last edited by Star79; 04-06-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
1982CorvetteDude
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Star79
Okay I have the two front bolts here with me, I may have the rear bolt if it's still attached to the frame I bought last year. I'll go visit my frame tomorrow (in storage across town) and take it off if it's there. PM me your address and I'll box em up for ya and figure out how much shipping will be (probably 10-15 bucks or so).

***edit*** Hmmm wait you said batwing attaching parts, I don't have those (all my stuff is 79 so no batwing stuff here). I have two front bolts, entire carrier (cracked) v-strap thingy, and maybe the rear bolt with the lock on it.
Honestly I'm not really sure what I need, was there a difference in years? I seen some holes on the batwing that looks like something would have went there and my aim manual shows something but the pictures are to blurry to tell. I don't really even know what year the carrier came off of since I bought it off ebay and they said fits 68-82.

Thanks for trying, I'd hate to put you through the trouble. That was nice of you to offer

My hardware is somewhere in a bag, just don't remember where.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Star79
Melting Slicks

The bolts are no problem, you can have them if you need them. You said you need "the two parts that mount to the batwing to accept the long bolts". Here's a pic of my 79, you can see the two long bolts attach right to the rear crossmember. You don't have that crossmember, you have the 81-82 aluminum crossmember (batwing).

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Spare tire carrier hardware

Quick Reply: WTB Spare tire carrier hardware