Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM 3972110 Intake & 3932417 valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 PM
vipertblck
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM 3972110 Intake & 3932417 valve covers

GM Aluminum SBC rect. port intake manifold (3972110) & GM aluminum finned valve covers with corvette flags (3932417) valve covers for sale. Have seen this intake from few hundred to 1K+(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...#ht_500wt_1182). Not really sure what it's worth but I cleaned it up in solvent tank with scotch brite pad..*DID NOT GLASS BEAD**. Manifold is in great shape! Could be cleaned a bit more maybe but I didn't want to take the original finish off hence no glass beading. All threads are in tact w/ no stripping, no heli-coils, and no marred up bases from bolts being over torqued or ruining the manifold. Manifold is unmachined, unmodified, & as it was back in 1970. I have found out this manifold was an original one GM installed on cars in 1970, as 3972116 was the over the counter manifold. This manifold has the correct 1.86" carb studs installed. Oil shield still in tact. This manifold was only used in 1970 on 350 engines (Corvette, Camaro, and Nova). All info. is from "Chevy by the numbers" books. Please ask for any other info. you are interested in, PICS AS WELL!!

Valve covers are GM finned aluminum (3932417). Bolt holes are NOT staggered. Covers are in good shape, by no means show quality. Again these were NOT glass beaded, just cleaned in solvent tank with brushes and a quick polish with some mag polish. They turned out pretty good in my opinion. Searched swap meets and online and found these for over 100, but again not to sure on the valve covers value.

If anybody is interested, wants more specific pics, let me know. I'm not really sure what to ask for $$ due to the variation I have seen on these items, so I'm going by offers on them for now.

Thanks
Kevin vortekbullitt@msn.com
Old 02-15-2010, 06:35 PM
vipertblck
Heel & Toe

anybody
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
wjsullivan
Pro

Following the forum rules and posting a price would be a good place to start. I'd be interested in the valve covers. Post a price so I know if it's worth discussing.

3. Best Offers & Gauging Interest

The forum will permit "OBO" or "serious offers" in a sale thread where a price has been stipulated.

We will not permit threads where no price is stated, and asks for open offers. Low ball offers that are clearly ridiculous in nature, will be considered a violation of the forum rule pertaining to "Interference in a for sale," thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118176

Members are not permitted to "gauge interest," in their item for sale thread. Such threads will create an ebay type auction, and that is unacceptable. Sellers must create their thread with an asking price included.

Only forum vendors are permitted to gauge interest in their products.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 PM
vipertblck
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by wjsullivan
Following the forum rules and posting a price would be a good place to start. I'd be interested in the valve covers. Post a price so I know if it's worth discussing.

Sorry, I never read through that stuff. Anyway valve covers would like $200. Intake $600. I'm flexible on both items.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:31 PM
vipertblck
Heel & Toe

VALVE COVERS SOLD...intake still for sale @$600obo.

Get notified of new replies

To GM 3972110 Intake & 3932417 valve covers

Quick Reply: GM 3972110 Intake & 3932417 valve covers