Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help! I need my front end glued on (Iowa)

Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 PM
badazta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! I need my front end glued on (Iowa)

I am looking for someone in the Iowa area (near Des Moines) that knows how and can glue my front clip on.. I've been wanting to get this done for months but nobody has the time and some have no knowledge on how to do it. I have an ecklers front clip. So if there is anybody around please email me at chevybadboy_1999@yahoo.com or phone me at 515-720-1471 Thanks!!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:51 AM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes Sir; Maybe you could Ask Ecklers if they could give you some help, with letting the body shops who have bought these units, in your area, know you need someone. Please let us know how they respond. Have a great weekend. Gene
Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Any Corvette clubs in your area? Members could probably make recommendations.

Have you considered doing it yourself? Preparations required, but no waiting.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 04-24-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:14 PM
75v
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put one on my 68 and it was not a hard job just time to test fit, prep work, alignments and install.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:14 PM
James
Burning Brakes

I live in Johnston and I know there use to be a place out in Runnels that did corvette restorations. I'm pretty sure the guys name is Dick Mathern. Don't know if he is still around or not but you could try giving him a call. I replaced both rear quarter panels and the tail light panel on my 69 vert and it was not that bad. I have never done a front clip though. Like others say test fit and double test fit and glue once. I also know there is a place down in Valley Junction but I don't know the name of the business. You could also try Clark Jacobsen at Jacobsen Auto Body on fuller road in West Des Moines.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
badazta
Instructor

I have thought of doing it myself but I really don't want to mess it up.. I know it's something I'd like to try but spending the money and not having the problems seems easiest to me. I have been waiting on the place in Valley Junction but like I said...waiting. I have also been to Dick's house in Runnels several years ago and James I have really wanted to stop out there and talk to him. Thanks for the input though guys, is there a write up on how to do it anywhere? Thanks again, Brian
Old 04-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Burnt71
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the instructions they send when you buy a new front clip. Very simple when it's broken down into steps. I'll do my best to find them.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:38 AM
mffi115
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked the paint/body section of the General Corvette section of this Forum? I'll be pulling the the front clip and re-installing it on mine in the next few weeks. I've been getting advice and help on fiberglass repair from a guy named Dub who is a contibutor there. He's talked me throught the clip re-install process. Post your question there for him.

Get notified of new replies

To help! I need my front end glued on (Iowa)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help! I need my front end glued on (Iowa)