Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 to C4 suspension conversion frame

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 AM
ramjet68
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default C3 to C4 suspension conversion frame

For sale is a chevy corvette C3 1968-1982 bare frame that has been modified to run chevy corvette C4 suspension, C4 power rack and pinion steering and C4 brakes. This build started with a rust free, undamaged frame and was professionally built and welded, then painted black with epoxy paint. This sale is just for the bare black frame, please read my description carefully. Do not hesistate to email me at dentfixer@rocketmail.com , pm me through the forum or call 620-474-3310 with questions. I can take additional pics if requested.

I purchased this project restomod to use as parts for my restomod build. In my search for suspension parts I came across this project that had quite a few parts I needed, however I already have a frame so I will be selling this one. The frame is pictured with the suspension to help the buyer understand and see what has been modified and what to use. I will have some suspension pieces available for sale in addition to the frame, but not included in this frame price.

$3500 for bare black frame

modifications:

Front of the frame has a C4 cradle corvette cradle welded to custom fabbed frame stubs, then stubs then welded to the original corvette frame, uses 88-96 rack and pinion. Middle is oem corvette with a removeable crossmember with larger tubes installed to run 3" exhaust. Rear of frame is setup to run 1.5" (each side) narrowed c3 batwing and rear differential. You will need '88 newer rear hubs and half shafts, but halfshafts must be narrowed 1.5" each side. All rear links must be narrowed 1.5" each side to fit. You will need to run coilovers with this setup.

Very nice professional welds, the paint has a few scratches but not many, this is a nice nice frame. Only been partially assembled never run. This chassis was built by a professional rod shop in S.Dakota. Several well known corvette shops will modify a vette chassis like this for $5500 on up. This frame can also be modified to fit c2 corvettes. If I wouldnt have already had my frame I would be using this on my c2 restomod. I have a couple of vette projects going on so I could possibly be open to trades, I need a motor, trans and stock frame and assorted parts for a 71 conv. and a coupe birdcage, coupe roof skin for a c2.

I prefer local pickup but could ship. Crating frame is $200, and shipping quotes will be up to buyer to research. Frame is located Hutchinson Kansas, I would also be willing to deliver to a shipping dock in Wichita Kansas 50 miles away for free.

Front suspension, '88 rear hubs, and c3 batwing w/ dana 44 3.73 available to frame buyer. I also have some stock '88 links and shafts, they would have to be sectioned, 1.5 inches each side.

http://s743.beta.photobucket.com/use...e%20for%20sale

Thanks, Tom
Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 PM
63 grandsport
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

high bidder on ebay
Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Still have this, trades considered for rust free original frame for my 71 conv