Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wtt trade

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 04:29 PM
johnnied
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wtt trade

I HAVE A REBUILT 1976 REAR END WITH 308 GM GEARS NEW BEARINGS AND CLUTCHS, IT WAS SET UP BY COLUMBUS CORVETTE NO NOISE. iT HAS UNDER 100 MILES ON IT JUST NOT WORKING WELL WITH MY ENGINE AND TRANS SET UP. WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR 370, 373 OR MAYBE 411. THANKS
Old 03-02-2015, 02:34 AM
richard emmanuel
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default gear

Originally Posted by johnnied
I HAVE A REBUILT 1976 REAR END WITH 308 GM GEARS NEW BEARINGS AND CLUTCHS, IT WAS SET UP BY COLUMBUS CORVETTE NO NOISE. iT HAS UNDER 100 MILES ON IT JUST NOT WORKING WELL WITH MY ENGINE AND TRANS SET UP. WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR 370, 373 OR MAYBE 411. THANKS
I am sure you have already traded or found what you seek, but my question is what is your current set up.
I have a 77- with a 400 turbo tranny. The engine in the car when I got it years ago I thought was an orig. L-82, of course no horsepower but I was always fast and I mean fast out the hole. Now the bad- the Tach was very high on the RPM'S and gas mileage was terrible . I replaced the engine with a GM crate 330hp. Still fast out the hold , more top end hp, still high rpms and bad gas mileage. I am going to find out what my gears are and consider changing rear end or go with an over drive tranny 700r. Any input?
Thanks, Richard

Quick Reply: Wtt trade