Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanted 1969 427/435hp tri power or 400hp smog setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:14 AM
darrentpi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default wanted 1969 427/435hp tri power or 400hp smog setup

I still havn't found a set up yet. I have some parts, but would rather find a complete unrestored setup with all the pipes, hoses and brackets, if anyone knows where to find one.. My car is a sept 68 build
Thanks
Old 09-14-2014, 07:05 PM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts

I cannot help with the smog setup, but I also have a sept 68' built L46 car. I would love to chat sometime as I am in the middle of a frame off. I am not sure if your car is restored, but always looking for more information.
Joe
Old 09-14-2014, 07:30 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by darrentpi
I still havn't found a set up yet. I have some parts, but would rather find a complete unrestored setup with all the pipes, hoses and brackets, if anyone knows where to find one.. My car is a sept 68 build
Thanks
Hi I know Grant offered a set up and as you know these can be pricey. I have to ask, what is your budget on this setup? Obviously you want the best price available, I get it. The pump is the same for BB and SB so that is a non issue. You are really paying for the correct diverter, tubes, and pulley.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:28 PM
darrentpi
Instructor

Originally Posted by avalonjohn
Hi I know Grant offered a set up and as you know these can be pricey. I have to ask, what is your budget on this setup? Obviously you want the best price available, I get it. The pump is the same for BB and SB so that is a non issue. You are really paying for the correct diverter, tubes, and pulley.
Yes, I know they are expensive, and being that, I would only pay that kind of money, for the real deal, as well as it has to be as close as possible to the correct date.
I had a set up, back in 2002, i bought from a guy online, but regretably sold it, as I needed the cash at the time. I was a dummy, but there where a few around at the time.. Oh well.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:30 PM
darrentpi
Instructor

Originally Posted by jhudec
I cannot help with the smog setup, but I also have a sept 68' built L46 car. I would love to chat sometime as I am in the middle of a frame off. I am not sure if your car is restored, but always looking for more information.
Joe
Sure if you need to chat sometime, message me. Looks like we both have the same car, however mine is the L71, but for the most part, it is very original and correct for dates and bolt hardware
Old 09-25-2014, 11:20 AM
TOM65 L76 96 LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Tri-power setup listed on Minneapolis Craiglist under auto parts, listing is dated Sept. 24, may be what you are looking for or at least a start, if you can't find it PM me your email address and I can forward the listing to you.

Get notified of new replies

To wanted 1969 427/435hp tri power or 400hp smog setup

Quick Reply: wanted 1969 427/435hp tri power or 400hp smog setup