Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Complete TI Ignition System with shielding

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:21 AM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Default FS: Complete TI Ignition System with shielding

Just in case anyone was interested, I wanted to point you guys to my FleaBay sale of my complete TI ignition system...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121556008042...84.m1555.l2649

The text from my sale:

Up for auction is a COMPLETE Transistorized Ignition System including the shielding box. This system came off of a small block Corvette, but can be used on a great variety of Chevy-engine projects. The shielding box looks pretty snappy on any street rod.

Please note that this system came off my 1970 "LT-1 Clone" Corvette and came as part of an over-the-GM-parts-counter purchased LT-1 crate engine. As such, for you NCRS folks, it does not have the date band on the distributor since it was not part of the car's original equipment.

I personally ran this system in my car for approximately 4 months from when I purchased the car to when I replaced the system. THE COIL WENT BAD (yes, the coil included in this system needs to be replaced) and given the direction I was going with the car, I chose to replace the entire ignition system.

The distributor is in great condition. The gear is in great shape and the tach drive (specific to earlier C3 Corvettes) works just fine. You can still use this in any Chevy engine project with no issue if you don't want to use the tach drive.

I'm including every wire that goes with the harness. This is the original wiring harness, not a new one, so the odd connector may want to be replaced.

There is nothing wrong with the Amplifier Box. It looks a little funky because the previous owner saw it fit to "bomb" the engine bay with this flaked gray paint. If you want to make it look like the original black, just put some elbow grease into it.

I know the dizzy is fine and the culprit is the coil because I was troubleshooting my MSD system months later and actually hooked my MSD box onto THIS distributor and non-HEI coil. Long story short, my brand new MSD coil was bad and it had the EXACT symptoms as were exhibited with my frankensystem. I am quite confident that the Distributor and the Amplifier Box are in fine, workable, functional shape.

I'm including the wires, but they need to be replaced. There are some burn marks on them. You can use them for fit length, if you like, or to have as spares in case you burn a new one. I've done that before.

I'm also including the Ignition Shielding Box. I have every part to the box and wire shield, BUT HAVE NONE OF THE FASTENERS. I never used the shielding box in my car and it came in a box of parts. When I stripped off the mounts and the wire shield, I knew I would never put it on again, so I didn't kill myself to save the fasteners. They are all pretty standard, though, so you shouldn't have much trouble piecing something together.

So...if you want to maintain a VINTAGE car look but want an AWESOME NON-POINT SYSTEM, this is a great way to go. The thing is bulletproof and requires no adjustment or maintenance once set. This is the precurser to all the modern MSD/Mallory non-point ignition systems.

I'm including FREE GROUND SHIPPING to 48 states. This is regular FedEx residential ground shipping. If you want expeditied shipping, let me know and I will invoice you the difference between ground shipping and the fast stuff.

I hope this system finds a good home. I respond as quickly as possible to questions.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:53 AM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

Price?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:05 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960fi
Price?
Links to an active ebay auction do not require a price. If the auction ends, a price will need to be posted here or the thread will be closed.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:12 PM
keithinspace
Drifting

Thank you, Mr. Vettebuyer6369.

I have absolutely no freaking clue what a fair price is. These are some old parts that I'm not using and will never use. I've started the bidding at $150 which is a VERY fair price. I figure the sale will end up...well...somewhere.

I recently sold an old original DZ carburetor on eBay. I started it at $150 and was HOPING for $300. There were MANY bids with several over $600. $636 ended up taking it.

If I KNOW what a fair price is, I'll list it for sale here. If I DON'T know, I'll eBay it and let the community figure out what a fair price is.

So...there you have it.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:47 AM
keithinspace
Drifting

All listed parts, along with a NOS Vacuum Advance Can and a NOS rotor that I found with all the other parts, went for $280.

It's a little less than I was hoping for, but that's OK. I'd rather the purchaser feel they got a good deal and I'm OK with the money.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Complete TI Ignition System with shielding

Quick Reply: FS: Complete TI Ignition System with shielding