Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katech billet belt tensioner (LS motors)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:00 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Default Katech billet belt tensioner (LS motors)

I ordered a Katech billet tensioner but it will not work with my configuration so I am posting it for sale as Katech refuses to take it back due to the slight witness marks around the bolt holes.

The tensioner is a nice piece and I do wish it would have worked but my holley bracket and style waterpump created interferrence that would not allow it to mount correctly and keep the belt off a wp boss.

http://store.katechengines.com/bille...sioner-p2.aspx

$100 shipped (was $136.33 to my front door).

Edited part of my first post to keep the sale post on track.

Last edited by fleming23; 05-22-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:39 PM
c0ncEpT
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

As a customer would it be acceptable to you if your tensioner looked that that right out of the bag?

In that question lies the answer as to why they don't want to take it back...
Old 05-22-2015, 02:53 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
As a customer would it be acceptable to you if your tensioner looked that that right out of the bag?

In that question lies the answer as to why they don't want to take it back...
To be 100% honest, I don't know that I would necessarily care on this exact instance and particular part as the bolts completely cover up the slight marking on the billet piece. I understand that it shows wear from installation BUT this wasn't just a case of it not fitting due to the swap in a C3. While I could not access the tensioner bolt on the back due to the Holley bracket, it also put the belt right into a waterpump boss that was unavoidable (without doing some cutting). It isn't relevant (nor was your comment as you do not appear to be interested in buying) but this an a GM LS3 with GM front accessories drive parts. Only aftermarket part in the front accessory drive is my Holley A/C bracket. If I buy a part given those parameters, and the part does not fit, yes, I expect a refund. If this was some hacked together combination of random parts from various vendors, sure maybe that is on me.

At the end of the day, I am aware this is no longer a new part. I would have been fine with a partial refund as it was installed and does have some obvious marks from installing it, even though I had no other choice. I only realized the belt was not going to clear once it was on the car and I was trying to tighten the tensioner....

Regardless, now I am stuck with a part I cannot use for a motor which it was made to go on. I'm not sure how my install is different than all the others, but I do know it simply did not work.

Hell, if I was more patient or cared I probably could have sanded and polished the scuff marks out of the face and no one would have known....

This is where it mounts (two holes near bolt that is sticking out 1")

The the top left boss in this picture, just to the passenger side of the waterpump is where the belt was rubbing.

Last edited by fleming23; 05-22-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:00 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Sale pending
Old 05-22-2015, 04:39 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Sold

Get notified of new replies

To Katech billet belt tensioner (LS motors)

Quick Reply: Katech billet belt tensioner (LS motors)