Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB door hinges, '68 lower grille stuff, headlight bezels, etc. etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 09:46 AM
E.Murray
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default WTB door hinges, '68 lower grille stuff, headlight bezels, etc. etc.

I've come across a pretty decent list of things I need for my '68 "refresh". If you have any of these parts in decent shape, let me know what you want for them. The parts don't have to be perfect, but "good driver condition" is fine. Also, no offense intended, but I'm on a budget for this car (trying to conserve as much for body/paint as I can), so if I wanted to pay ebay prices, I'd just go there (i.e. I'm hoping for good prices...).

Driver's side upper and lower door hinges
Headlight bezels
Front grilles and hardware
Chrome grille surround (needs to have good chrome)
Front lower bumper support (needs to have good chrome)
Headlight pull **** and bezel that goes behind it
Little "open" ***** for footwell vents
Inside door pull
Complete hood latch assembly (including cable and handle, preferably)
Wiper door linkage
Fill-in panels for undercar exhaust outlets (got side pipes)
68 lower dash with ignition
Body mount #4 reinforcements
Rear bumpers with good chrome

If you have any of this stuff, PM or reply in-thread. Thanks!
Eric
Old 07-06-2015, 11:04 AM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by E.Murray
I've come across a pretty decent list of things I need for my '68 "refresh". If you have any of these parts in decent shape, let me know what you want for them. The parts don't have to be perfect, but "good driver condition" is fine. Also, no offense intended, but I'm on a budget for this car (trying to conserve as much for body/paint as I can), so if I wanted to pay ebay prices, I'd just go there (i.e. I'm hoping for good prices...).

Driver's side upper and lower door hinges----have both $60.00
Headlight bezels-------have both, but don't think u want to pay for '68 only
Front grilles and hardware----same as above
Chrome grille surround (needs to have good chrome)---$65.00 pair
Front lower bumper support (needs to have good chrome) ----chrome bumper support?
Headlight pull **** and bezel that goes behind it35658375---$12.00
Little "open" ***** for footwell vents---$20.00
Inside door pull---color?---$15.00
Complete hood latch assembly (including cable and handle, preferably)---do u need the male and female latches ?
Wiper door linkage---150
Fill-in panels for undercar exhaust outlets (got side pipes)--no
68 lower dash with ignition---color?---$200.00
Body mount #4 reinforcements---$40.00 pair
Rear bumpers with good chrome---$250.00

If you have any of this stuff, PM or reply in-thread. Thanks!
Eric
G
210-748-4693
Geopar@gvtc.com
Old 07-06-2015, 11:37 AM
E.Murray
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

1960fi,
I've looked through some of your other threads and it looks like you have big selection and fair prices. I know I'll end up with some (probably most) of the stuff you priced. Before I pull the trigger on anything, though, let me see what else I might need (as long as you're shipping a big box...). On the wiper door, I just bought the door and vacuum stuff from another member but somebody beat me to the linkage. My car has nothing for the setup, so I'll probably need more parts. I won't know exactly what until I get the box of stuff from the other guy (and do some research to see what all is required).
As far as '68-specific, I'm not a purist (at least not with this car, which is a hodge podge of years). I like the ignition on the dash, but don't know if I'd spend the $$ to change to it, unless a killer deal came along. For the headlight bezels and grille stuff, whatever works and doesn't cost and arm-and-leg is fine. Headlights have been changed to the wider 69+ at some point. Interior color is black.
I wish you weren't so far away. It would be worth a Saturday to come root around and get all my shopping in one place... Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know any additions and give you a final list soon, now that I have the pricing. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To WTB door hinges, '68 lower grille stuff, headlight bezels, etc. etc.

Quick Reply: WTB door hinges, '68 lower grille stuff, headlight bezels, etc. etc.