Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MORE Assorted Early C3 Parts For Sale

Old 08-04-2015, 09:43 PM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

Default MORE Assorted Early C3 Parts For Sale

Prices are all plus shipping, however, can be delivered to Corvettes at Carlisle Aug 27-29 without added cost.

1. 10 ohm Speaker Used. From 1972 Corvette. $15.00

2. TCS Switch. Used. $5.00

3. Water Temp Sender (PIN connector). NOS. SOLD

4. Water Temp Sender (Nail head connector). NOS. SOLD

5. 1972 Corvette Owners Manual (Original). Second Edition. Corvette News tab only. Fair condition. $10.00

6. 1972 Corvette Emissions Pamphlet. Original. Second Edition. Excellent condition. (SOLD)

I have attached as many photos as forum allows. Let me know if you need more photos - I can email them to you.
Attached Images   

Last edited by redrdstr72; 09-02-2015 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Updated to reflect SOLD items
Old 08-04-2015, 09:49 PM
restoman1
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

PM sent on the "3. Water Temp Sender (PIN connector). NOS. $10.00"

Ed
Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 PM
restoman1
Burning Brakes

Got your picture Don. I'll take it!

Ed
Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Can you please send a picture of the #4 water temp sender with the nail head connector? If its what I think it is I'll take it.

Thank you,
Ed
Old 08-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Tom Larsen
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ed427vette
Can you please send a picture of the #4 water temp sender with the nail head connector? If its what I think it is I'll take it.

Thank you,
Ed
Is the TCS switch, #2, the temperature switch or vacuum switch? Small or big block??

thanks!
Old 08-05-2015, 09:32 AM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Thank you,
Ed
Here it is...
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2015, 09:42 AM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tom Larsen
Is the TCS switch, #2, the temperature switch or vacuum switch? Small or big block??

thanks!
Hi Tom. How've you been? The TCS switch I have is the elec. switch that mounts to the bottom of the (manual) transmission, therefore, I don't think it's BB/SB exclusive. Here's a picture of it.

Regards,
Don
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2015, 12:02 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by redrdstr72
Here it is...
Thank you. I'll take it.
My zip is 11762.
Please let me know the total and how you want to get paid.
Thank you again,
Ed

Payment sent.
Thanks again,
Ed

Received the sender unit, its perfect. Thank you for the fast shipping and for offering the part I needed

Last edited by ed427vette; 08-08-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:54 AM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Thank you. I'll take it.
My zip is 11762.
Please let me know the total and how you want to get paid.
Thank you again,
Ed

Payment sent.
Thanks again,
Ed
Thanks Ed. It's in the mail. You should have it Monday.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:55 AM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by restoman1
Got your picture Don. I'll take it!

Ed
Thanks Ed. It's in the mail. You should have it Monday.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Tom Larsen
Racer

Hi Tom. How've you been? The TCS switch I have is the elec. switch that mounts to the bottom of the (manual) transmission, therefore, I don't think it's BB/SB exclusive. Here's a picture of it.

Regards,
Don
Hi Don, things are going well and very busy. Almost no time for the '72 except for a nice run now and a gain. Looking forward to Carlisle and hoping to take the '72 it the weather looks OK, if not I'll be like everyone else and take the '13.

The switch you have isn't the one I need but thanks anyway. My car is an early Oct '72 build. You may know better than me but those second edition manuals you have wouldn't be correct, would they? I'd think an early build would have a first edition.

Have fun!!

Tom
Old 08-07-2015, 03:40 PM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Hi Don, things are going well and very busy. Almost no time for the '72 except for a nice run now and a gain. Looking forward to Carlisle and hoping to take the '72 it the weather looks OK, if not I'll be like everyone else and take the '13.

The switch you have isn't the one I need but thanks anyway. My car is an early Oct '72 build. You may know better than me but those second edition manuals you have wouldn't be correct, would they? I'd think an early build would have a first edition.

Have fun!!

Tom
Hi Tom. Sorry to hear you're not getting as many hours with the '72 as you would like. I'm kinda in the same situation with my '72. I have't run a tank of gas through it yet this year.

I am at the office right now and don't recall what the dates are for second edition Ownwrs Manual or Emissions pamphlet. I'll look tonight and let you know.

Since your '72 is an early car (pre Jan 1, 1972) like mine, you have the same 15 second "FASTEN SEAT BELT" light on the center cluster as I have. This is a very tough part to find. Does yours work? If it doesn't, or if you want an extra thermal switch, I have one listed in another "For Sale" thread here. It's GM part # 3961500 and it mounts on the internal firewall, behind the RH dash pad. Let me know if interested.

If you make it to Carlisle (hopefully you do), let's catch up. I'll be at swap spots K40 and K41 from Thursday afternoon until Saturday morning.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Tom Larsen
Racer

Hi Tom. Sorry to hear you're not getting as many hours with the '72 as you would like. I'm kinda in the same situation with my '72. I have't run a tank of gas through it yet this year.

I am at the office right now and don't recall what the dates are for second edition Ownwrs Manual or Emissions pamphlet. I'll look tonight and let you know.

Since your '72 is an early car (pre Jan 1, 1972) like mine, you have the same 15 second "FASTEN SEAT BELT" light on the center cluster as I have. This is a very tough part to find. Does yours work? If it doesn't, or if you want an extra thermal switch, I have one listed in another "For Sale" thread here. It's GM part # 3961500 and it mounts on the internal firewall, behind the RH dash pad. Let me know if interested.

If you make it to Carlisle (hopefully you do), let's catch up. I'll be at swap spots K40 and K41 from Thursday afternoon until Saturday morning.
Hi Don, I did some searching on the owners manual and emissions book. I saw a thread on the tdb that you were involved with and it seems the date for the second edition is Oct '71. If that's the case for both I'll take them. Guess I'll see you at Carlisle to pick them up. Let me know if I need to do anything else.

As far as the thermal timer goes mine quit a few years ago. Bought a used one and it didn't work. Found a NOS one in it's original box on E-bay this past fall but it's still sitting on the bench. like I said, no time for the car but I've run more than one tank through, thankfully.

Hopefully I'll be bringing the '72 and you can take a look.

Tom
Old 08-08-2015, 11:16 PM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Hi Don, I did some searching on the owners manual and emissions book. I saw a thread on the tdb that you were involved with and it seems the date for the second edition is Oct '71. If that's the case for both I'll take them. Guess I'll see you at Carlisle to pick them up. Let me know if I need to do anything else.

As far as the thermal timer goes mine quit a few years ago. Bought a used one and it didn't work. Found a NOS one in it's original box on E-bay this past fall but it's still sitting on the bench. like I said, no time for the car but I've run more than one tank through, thankfully.

Hopefully I'll be bringing the '72 and you can take a look.

Tom
Hi Tom. Sorry for the delayed response. I looked today and while the Emissions pamphlet is indeed dated October 1971, The Owners Manual is a second edition, dated January 1972. I think the Emissions pamphlet fits your car but not the Owners Manual.

I'll look forward to seeing you (and you car) in Carlisle. Again, I'll be at swap spot K40 and K41 from Thursday, arriving around noon, until around noon Saturday. I will PM my cell phone number so you can call men snd let me know when it's convenient to pick up the pamphlet.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2015, 10:41 AM
restoman1
Burning Brakes

Hey Don. Just wanted to let you know the sender arrived on Friday. Thanks a TON. I really appreciate it.

Ed
Old 08-25-2015, 08:25 PM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Bump. Can deliver to Carlisle

Get notified of new replies

To MORE Assorted Early C3 Parts For Sale

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MORE Assorted Early C3 Parts For Sale