Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB:Rear suspension parts wanted! !

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Laws69cars
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB:Rear suspension parts wanted! !

Hello everyone. So I took my car out for a drive this weekend and was a nice ride other then the clicking and clacking in the rear area of my car when I would come to a stop after making turns. Like if the brakes were hanging up or like when the weight of the car would shift on the rear it would make that click or clack sound. So any how everything in the rear is original from my 69 Vette so trying to see if anyone has any replacement parts they would like to sell? Also what exactly should I replace. I did the leaf spring and shocks for the rear but that's about it.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:37 AM
dkleather
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 261 Posts
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Check the universal joints on the driveshaft and half shafts for play is where I'd start. I'd add a bottle of posi lube to the rear as well. You may need to remove some gear oil from the rear so as not to overfill. Drive the car in circles to get the lube distributed. Take a good look at the trailing arms for bushing wear. Get the rear off the ground and check for wheel wobble top and sideways to check the bearings. I wouldn't just start hanging parts until I diagnosed what I needed.
You should probably repost this in the C3 General Forum to get more advice on diagnosing the problem. Dave

Last edited by dkleather; 03-01-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:24 AM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Or.... It could be the posi clutches sticking in the rear. You said after making turns and that is a common symptom. Put a bottle of the GM (only GM Brand) additive in the rear end and then drive some figure 8's in a parking lot... .it should free up the clutches if they are stuck.

Willcox

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 03-01-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB:Rear suspension parts wanted! !

Quick Reply: WTB:Rear suspension parts wanted! !