Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 1969 Storage compartment door frames bright blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:00 AM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Default WTB: 1969 Storage compartment door frames bright blue

Looking for the two outer storage compartment door frames for a bright blue interior of a 69.
If anyone has any for sale please let me know price with shipping to 11762. Please have some pics. I need them undamaged of course.
Thank you,
Ed
Old 10-25-2016, 04:51 PM
blue by you
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 91 Posts

You can any color and die them to your color
Old 10-25-2016, 05:30 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blue by you
You can any color and die them to your color
I know, but the car is very original. The repros come in black only and have to be repainted. If I have to, I will repaint a set of original black ones I already have. Id prefer not to. Original colored ones were molded in a light tan/off white color then painted, or at least the ones I have in the car now are. Some paint has rubbed off the original door frames as well as the compartment frame.

Thanks for your reply,
Ed
Old 10-25-2016, 10:03 PM
tfringo
Melting Slicks

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts

I think they were all black door frames and painted to match. I don't recall seeing any that were colored plastic. I also heard the screw holes are in a different location on the reproduction door trim. Not sure if that is true or not.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:22 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tfringo
I think they were all black door frames and painted to match. I don't recall seeing any that were colored plastic. I also heard the screw holes are in a different location on the reproduction door trim. Not sure if that is true or not.
The original door frames as well as the main compartment frame is a very light colored off white color and then was painted blue on my very original 69 roadster. I will try to take some pics in the next few days of the worn down areas.

I would not say they were colored plastic but a very light neutral color to make painting coverage easier I would imagine. I don't know about the screw holes. I don't have any repro door trim to compare.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: 1969 Storage compartment door frames bright blue

Quick Reply: WTB: 1969 Storage compartment door frames bright blue